Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

8 day hold with HDWA and Vapon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Breh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 8 day hold with HDWA and Vapon
    Posted: April 21 2008 at 4:42pm
Hello Ladies

I usally take off on either Friday or Saturdays and reapply but I was so busy this weekend, plus I felt kind of under the weather that I didn't even bother. I switched up how I have been applying my lf. I would previously use just HDWA and Proflex No Shine and got a 5 to 6 day hold. These past couple of apps I have been using Vapon No tape, and HDWA along with my Proflex No Shine and my app is holding strong. I didn't even have to do any touch ups at all this week. I am going to take off my lf tonight, so I can do my hair care thing and reapply. I just wanted to share the good news. bounce
Edited to say: The vapon is shiny so I had to apply it first and then the HDWA. Wink

Edited by Breh - April 21 2008 at 4:42pm
Senegalese View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Senegalese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2008 at 4:46pm
That's great! Stupid question what's HWDA?
Breh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2008 at 4:50pm
HD White Adhesive. You can find it at www.hairdirect.com It is their own braid of adhesive.
http://www.hairdirect.com/store/Hd-White-Adhesive-2oz.aspx
Senegalese View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Senegalese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2008 at 5:02pm

Thanks for the info Breh.

soxgirl119 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soxgirl119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2008 at 5:05pm
I just used HDWA and supertape combo and I'm on my 6th day, still going strongThumbs%20Up 
Clueless77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clueless77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2008 at 5:09pm
Is is kinda like ORWG? Do you have to wait and let it cure or can you just apply and go.
Breh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2008 at 5:24pm
It is white like ORWG, but I like it much better. ORGW did not hold for a day for me and I can get a 5 to 6 day hold with the HDWA by itself not layering it with anything. You do have to wait until it dries clear, but if you use thin coats it doesn't take long. 
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2008 at 6:23pm
that's great altho i have to admit my scalp would be hollering.. LOL i wish i could go pass 7 days but i've not got my scalp conditioned to be washed and treated.. and now its becoming a challenge b/c my natural is getting to long and overwhelming i almost dread it every weekend. .
thicktrinibabi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thicktrinibabi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2008 at 6:25pm
hi breh,

can u recommend a very strong adhesive that i can use with no tape
especially for my sides i find the tape very messy

something strong i have been using ultra hold

it last a day
thanks
Breh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2008 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by thicktrinibabi thicktrinibabi wrote:

hi breh,

can u recommend a very strong adhesive that i can use with no tape
especially for my sides i find the tape very messy

something strong i have been using ultra hold

it last a day
thanks

I wish I could, but I don't use very strong adhesives. I have always used water based adhesives like Safe Grip, ORWG (hated it), and HDWA, and now I ventured into layering my HDWA with the vapon. I have gotten good results withthe HDWA by it self, but what works for me may not work for you. It depends on your body chemistry. Sexi and the others have tried Mr. C's and have had good holds with it. Maybe they will chime in and give you a little info. Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic