Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

**Custom Colored Lace & Wig Caps Tutorial**

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
PrincessLF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrincessLF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2008 at 9:11am
Great tips.  Thanks for sharing Curlygirl!!Clap
ShowStoppers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShowStoppers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2008 at 9:12am

Curlygirl11, this info is astonishing. I will definitely try to dye my caps and lace this weekend.

Curlygirl11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2008 at 9:42am
You guys are all welcome. Just be sure to use the diluted mixture instead of the intructions on the back of the Rit box so that you don't darken your knots.
flawless1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flawless1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2008 at 9:57am
Wow... The pictures are stunning you did a good jobClap  I will have to try this because when I part my hair it looks nothing like this you can see grids.
MassGal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MassGal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2008 at 1:02pm

Love this  tip; I can't wait to try it!!

Does anyone think it would work if you used the non-toxic fabric sprays( used  for coloring things like silk flowers)?
choclatey77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choclatey77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2008 at 1:40pm
Great tip. Just to add dark lace and light wig cap works great to. When you match your wig cap to the lace or if the wig cap is darker it looks bad.
sierra35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sierra35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2008 at 2:03pm
I can't wait to try this because I have no problem with application , its always the grid or the part this maybe my answer . I wish I new how to post pics , My daughter needs to help with this so I can get some advice from the experts'
panzerswifey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote panzerswifey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2008 at 4:54pm
Thanks. I defnitely will be using this tip!
ash8419 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ash8419 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2008 at 5:20pm
Great tip!!
Lace Lover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lace Lover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2008 at 8:21pm
Your app is flawless.  I'm cutting and pasting these directions in a word document so I don't lose them.

Thanks.barmy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2008 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by MassGal MassGal wrote:

Love this  tip; I can't wait to try it!!

Does anyone think it would work if you used the non-toxic fabric sprays( used  for coloring things like silk flowers)?

I'm assuming that spray could work well to conceal knots throughout the unit just like the Sally Hansen spray does BUT remember that you can't put it at the edge of the lace because it will interfere with the hold of your tapes and adhesives and the edge of the lace needs to be darker to conceal the edge of your wig cap.
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2008 at 6:21pm
great idea with silk flowers it would cut down the process.. so i'm going to add this to the newbie thread.. lovely lise didn't log on to add but that's cool we'll go with this cuz its great information.. mmh didn't realize a wig cap was involved ok!

Edited by sexibeach - April 23 2008 at 6:22pm
LovelyLisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LovelyLisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2008 at 7:17am
Sorry ladies Im late and have been very busy!

ORGW and Brown Cocoa Rit Rye Experiment 2007!
The first expertiment was to stop the ORGW from turning white after a few days by applying 2 drops of dye in ORGW bottle. And the second experiment was to change the front perimeter of lace to cocoa brown for better skin tone match. Which I dipped a Q-tip in bottle and spread on front perimeter of LF. About 4 or 5 inches back. I spread on lightly and did not soak at all. Just lightly and you will see. Do not have the Q-tip drippin. Im serious! LOL!\n\nMost importantly I am still wearing a Dark Brown stocking cap to protect my natural hair from everything (Very important)\n\nI have taken pics starting day one and to show you how natural it makes my lace look as well as hides the glue very well. I gotta say this ladies, having a big forehead pays off! I used to despise my big forehead, but it\'s cool wit me. LOL\n\nHere is the Rit Dye Color chart:http:\/\/www.ritdye.com\/Color+Chart.4.lasso";
The first expertiment was to stop the ORGW from turning white after a few days by applying 2 drops of dye in ORGW bottle. And the second experiment was to change the front perimeter of lace to cocoa brown for better skin tone match. Which I dipped a Q-tip in bottle and spread on front perimeter of LF. About 4 or 5 inches back. I spread on lightly and did not soak at all. Just lightly and you will see. Do not have the Q-tip drippin. Im serious! LOL!

Most importantly I am still wearing a Dark Brown stocking cap to protect my natural hair from everything (Very important)

I have taken pics starting day one and to show you how natural it makes my lace look as well as hides the glue very well. I gotta say this ladies, having a big forehead pays off! I used to despise my big forehead, but it's cool wit me. LOL

Here is the Rit Dye Color chart:http://www.ritdye.com/Color+Chart.4.lasso

Please check out my fotki.  It is open for step by step demo.

Edited by LovelyLisa - May 01 2008 at 7:19am
_Princess_ View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2008 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by prettyandbrains prettyandbrains wrote:

This is pure genius! I can't wait to try it on my new unit. Now we must get this info out to hollywood so they can get it right. Naw, let's wait and let them fall behind usBig%20smile. Beyonce and her thousand dolla lace front's can't handle us!

LOL
NClady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NClady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2008 at 3:45pm

Taking notes once again...thanks ladies _popupControl();

Bangles and Stilettos
girlnextdoor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote girlnextdoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2008 at 9:41am
bumping
"Just because no one has been fortunate enough to realize what a gold mine you are, doesn't mean you shine any less"
Divajones View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divajones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2008 at 11:54am
awesome.
Fearlessly, Feminine
kial44 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kial44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2008 at 8:44am
I cannot see all pics, is there anyway to view all pics for the step  by step process of dyeing he wig cap?
kial44
*Mrs.Hoyle* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Mrs.Hoyle* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2008 at 3:01pm
I cant see them either...I would like to see as well!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2008 at 10:37pm
Sorry ladies. I'm not sure why the pics get deleted from the threads after a while but I saved the post in Word before I put it up on this site so if you pm your e-mail address to me I can e-mail the post with the pics to you.
2Cor 12:8-9
Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness".
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic