Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Trick to Hide Grids in Parts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Countessrim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Countessrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trick to Hide Grids in Parts
    Posted: April 23 2008 at 5:33pm
Ok, so here are my steps to hiding grids in part with glue instead of tape!!!

*You must do this technique when the wig is OFF your head or else you'll be in for a messy treat! lol

*This will only work with soft bond glues like Ultra Hold, Secure, Mighty Tight, Davlyn etc.
1) Part hair where you normally wear your part

2) Place a finger on your part (so that you don't loose it)

3) With finger still on the part, turn the wig cap inside out

4) Place the wig on a white or color suface so that the part will become more visable

5) Take a little bit of your soft bond adhesive, and with a tooth pick mix in some of your facial powder until it resembles a color simular to your scalp.

6) Keep whipping the adhesive until it gets semi tacky and is no longer fluid. (Note: You want the adhesive to be at an consistancy where it will not seep through the lace)

7) When ready, spread the adhesive along the part.

8) Using a blow dyer on COOL setting, blow onto the part until it becomes hard and sold. (It might not dry completely, but you want it to stiffen up and loose it's tack)

9) When dry, flip the wig over and dab a bit more powder onto the part and YAY! your done!!!

Inside Lighting:

Outside Lighting:

It looks freakin flawless outside and just a great outide!!!
Shonita24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shonita24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2008 at 6:14pm
that is an awesome technique!  I will try it on my next app!
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2008 at 6:18pm
excellent tip i might combine this with my steri strips b/c i'm going on week 4 of washing the and wearing the same unit and strips are still on there, this could help me refresh them.. thanks adding to the newbie thread!

Edited by sexibeach - April 23 2008 at 6:27pm
Breh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2008 at 6:34pm
Wow,that is a great tip. Thanks for sharing. I reall like the first picture the best. It looks great.
BFF Princess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BFF Princess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2008 at 6:36pm
Looks great! Clap Thanks for the tip countess!
angierene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angierene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2008 at 7:01pm

I was just thinking of what to do for this since people like to stare.

Great tip!
flawless1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flawless1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2008 at 7:20pm
Wow that looks great I will have to try this

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Countessrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2008 at 7:32pm
No problem you guys! Glad I could help with the lace front c ause lol
griff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2008 at 7:36pm
Countess,

That is a great tip.  I can't wait to try it.  Do you soak it with goo gone to get the mixture off?
BooBoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BooBoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2008 at 7:39pm
would it work with a white water based adhesive that turns clear when dry?
Snook View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2008 at 8:07pm

Thanks for the tip...looks good!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Countessrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2008 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by griff griff wrote:

Countess,

That is a great tip.  I can't wait to try it.  Do you soak it with goo gone to get the mixture off?

Yea, I spray it with goo be gone, let it sit for about 5 min., and the do a mirror slide to get it off

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Countessrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2008 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by BooBoo BooBoo wrote:

would it work with a white water based adhesive that turns clear when dry?

Ummm, I'm not sure. I don't know what white glue looks like when dried, but if it drys like regular elmers glue, I wouldn't think so
DonnaB63 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnaB63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2008 at 8:48pm
Excellent tip!  I'm gonna try it this weekend.  Thanks for sharingSmile
Curlygirl11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2008 at 9:17pm
Thanks for the tip Countess. That's very creative Thumbs%20Up  Imma try it this weekend.

Do you wear a wig cap underneath to stop the glue from getting in your hair in case you accidentally scratch your head in the part area?
IMNMH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IMNMH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2008 at 9:39pm

Wow!  This tip is GENIUS!  Smile  Thank you so much Countess, I am def gonna try this soon!

amazon1147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amazon1147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2008 at 10:23pm

Thank you Countess. That is an awesome idea.

Clueless77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clueless77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2008 at 11:24pm
countess, I'm going to try this right now, Thanks!!!
nola06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nola06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2008 at 11:53pm
That is so, so beautiful! Thanks for sharing. Love the contrast of the inside and outside lighting!
Heaven_lei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heaven_lei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2008 at 7:51am
This is a great tip, cant wait to try...im always looking for better ways to improve my parts...i too would like to know if you wear a wig cap to prevent the glue from gettin into your hair underneath..thanks so much!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic