Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Trick to Hide Grids in Parts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2008 at 6:18pm
excellent tip i might combine this with my steri strips b/c i'm going on week 4 of washing the and wearing the same unit and strips are still on there, this could help me refresh them.. thanks adding to the newbie thread!

Edited by sexibeach - April 23 2008 at 6:27pm
Shonita24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shonita24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2008 at 6:14pm
that is an awesome technique!  I will try it on my next app!
Countessrim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Countessrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2008 at 5:33pm
Ok, so here are my steps to hiding grids in part with glue instead of tape!!!

*You must do this technique when the wig is OFF your head or else you'll be in for a messy treat! lol

*This will only work with soft bond glues like Ultra Hold, Secure, Mighty Tight, Davlyn etc.
1) Part hair where you normally wear your part

2) Place a finger on your part (so that you don't loose it)

3) With finger still on the part, turn the wig cap inside out

4) Place the wig on a white or color suface so that the part will become more visable

5) Take a little bit of your soft bond adhesive, and with a tooth pick mix in some of your facial powder until it resembles a color simular to your scalp.

6) Keep whipping the adhesive until it gets semi tacky and is no longer fluid. (Note: You want the adhesive to be at an consistancy where it will not seep through the lace)

7) When ready, spread the adhesive along the part.

8) Using a blow dyer on COOL setting, blow onto the part until it becomes hard and sold. (It might not dry completely, but you want it to stiffen up and loose it's tack)

9) When dry, flip the wig over and dab a bit more powder onto the part and YAY! your done!!!

Inside Lighting:

Outside Lighting:

It looks freakin flawless outside and just a great outide!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic