Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

No more curls!!! HELP!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
fearfullywoven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fearfullywoven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No more curls!!! HELP!
    Posted: April 24 2008 at 1:30pm

hello...im naturally a curl head...so for the past few months (over winter) i've been using a flat iron simply because it's too cold to go outside with wet head... the other day i went to put my hair curly...and it wasnt. it was wavy. could it be that the iron killed my curls or the hair moisturizing treatment that i put in every week... somebody please help

thanks
Julia74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Julia74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2008 at 6:16pm
My hair is kind of the same. It was naturally curly/wavy for ever and recently it has lost its curl. I think it is because it is overprocessed- bleaching then dying dark over that and we used a filler and stuff.
Also, I think my hair reacts to the humidity, it is flatter in the dry winter months and might regain its curl when it gets hot this summer.
Good luck! :o)
julia74
LILDEE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LILDEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2008 at 5:54pm
Yes hunny sorry to rub it in your face. But you have overprocess your beautiful hair with heat. Its not good to apply alot of heat on natural hair. Once a month or every 2 months ago but weekly thats not a good idea. It will suck your hair dry. Lets not at heat for a while and see what happend dry to wash it and moisturising the hair.
Good luck!!!!
http://members.fotki.com/Lil-may/about/ God is good!!!
christyh1981 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christyh1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2008 at 8:21pm
I hate to hear that you did any damage to your hair.  Why don't you stay away from the heat products for now, and use product meant for curly hair.  I have been very happy with the Herbal Essence Totally Twisted line.  You can find out more opinions of this at http://www.expotv.com/Herbal-Essences/b1.
[IMG]smileys/girlpower.gif" align="middle" />
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic