Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedI've Been Banned from BHM

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
contagious View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: I've Been Banned from BHM
    Posted: April 25 2008 at 12:26am
I had a pm today from admin stating that I couldn't post my poll about adhesives because it wouldn't be fair to the sponsors that support the site.
Of course I thought that was for outside vendors as I see members all day every day selling wigs, hair, ect.  Anyway she told me that Russ created a for sale forum for members.  She told me not to worry because it was just a warning and if I had any more questions to ask. Understood... So I posted the thread in the correct section and later I went back to check on a question I had posted in the exercise forum and my original post was gone, just the replies were there.

I logged off and logged back on thinking my pc timed out or something and it said my account had been suspended.AngryI couldn't pm admin or anything so  I try to register again to pm one of the admins to see what was going on and my IP address has been bannedLOL

I mean, I'll live but I can't help but to wonder what was that all about?
ljdream View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2008 at 4:17am
Geek Okay....being an AV, I'm a little disturbed about the comment myself.

Okay? what I don't understand about what he stated  " it wouldn't be fair to his sponsors?

Shocked you got to be freakin kidding me, Right?Confused

Hmmmm?....So it's all about the sponsors now?Geek

So what he's telling us is that if we patronize his sponsors and we tell the truth about the results we experienced with their product, then it's not fair to the sponsor....WTFConfused

Is it me or are things truly getting Political around there?

Geeshhhhh!!!!Stern%20Smile

Originally posted by contagious contagious wrote:

I had a pm today from admin stating that I couldn't post my poll about adhesives because it wouldn't be fair to the sponsors that support the site.
Of course I thought that was for outside vendors as I see members all day every day selling wigs, hair, ect.  Anyway she told me that Russ created a for sale forum for members.  She told me not to worry because it was just a warning and if I had any more questions to ask. Understood... So I posted the thread in the correct section and later I went back to check on a question I had posted in the exercise forum and my original post was gone, just the replies were there.

I logged off and logged back on thinking my pc timed out or something and it said my account had been suspended.AngryI couldn't pm admin or anything so  I try to register again to pm one of the admins to see what was going on and my IP address has been bannedLOL

I mean, I'll live but I can't help but to wonder what was that all about?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2008 at 6:01am
^^^ Well actually it was another admin, It wasn't Russ, her name was just "admin" ... Anyway, that is exactly what she said.  First I had 2 pm's stating my post was in violation of the rules... it was a automated message.  Then "admin" sent me a pm stating "as members of bhm, we cannot advertise on the site, it wouldn't be fair to our sponsors"

Well I guess it was a form of advertisement, although I didn't mean for it to be "just" that.  I was doing something special just for "BHM"  How many of the damn sponsors do that?Angry

What bothers me is that members (including member vendors) advertise all the time, in all the damn sections and she said it was a warning, I had nothing to worry about and told me the proper place to post..... Am I missing something here.

Beside all the drama over there, BHM is getting a little crazy.  I know Indique has a direct placement that is not affiliated with google.  It was an inside job I tell ya, an inside jobLOLLOLLOL
sexibeach View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2008 at 6:21am
dang i'm sorry that happened to you, but when i was a mod they started getting really slack about that rule.. it also applies to any member that is in business of selling lf's too, not just outside but they allowed so many to get by with that, that i'm now disturbed how they singled you out... i mean it was against the rules of advertising to you have website in your signature but they weren't enforcing that either..

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2008 at 6:46am
Originally posted by sexibeach sexibeach wrote:

dang i'm sorry that happened to you, but when i was a mod they started getting really slack about that rule.. it also applies to any member that is in business of selling lf's too, not just outside but they allowed so many to get by with that, that i'm now disturbed how they singled you out... i mean it was against the rules of advertising to you have website in your signature but they weren't enforcing that either..

I sure do have my website in my sig.  All 3 of them, never said anything about that.... never.  I don't believe they singled me out, I believe I was brought to their attention IMO.  I mean, it just doesn't make any sense to single me out like that, but it doesn't make any sense how I'm banned for what members do all day everyday sooooo I donno.  Oh well like I said, I sure won't loose any sleepLOL but I am curious.  I was going to email Russ but it's not worth it.
chyna_li View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2008 at 6:57am
WOW....
sexibeach View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2008 at 7:03am
have they even selected their new mod's yet ? who knows what the deal is, i've posted only a couple of times in the last couple of months.. but i don't really even lurk for the most part..
docpam69 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2008 at 7:14am

My account was also suspended. I've never sold anything, never made any bad comments and I received no reason. I've sent a message asking why and I've received no response in the past month. At first I thought it was a glip because of the new system but they haven't replied to my questions. I only found out because it wouldn't allow me to post anything. So I logged out and back in and it said I was suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2008 at 8:00am
@ Sexibeach, nope.  They haven't selected mods yet.

@ docpam69 - WOW, no telling. I don't know what's that about.

candygrl2467 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2008 at 9:39am
wait i'm confused. how is this against the rules. It goes on all the time
precioushur View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2008 at 11:26am

I  think Indique is an inside job too. Notice they have the sticky from the Bronner Bros show,and i noticed at the bottom they also  have a support our sponsors ad with Indique..........

If i were you i'd email Russ too!
soxgirl119 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2008 at 1:50pm
I think it violated the "direct sales" rule...idk..i could be wrong. And they have mods but they are not allowed to reveal themselves to avoid conflict with members. And it doesn't say "mod" in their title either.
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2008 at 3:26pm
Hi all,

Just as a reminder, Hairboutique.com has very strict no advertising policies for the boards.  This is because we have paid advertisers who sponsor the boards and the site so it can remain completely free. 

Therefore, all unauthorized advertisements for products, personal websites or etc., will be immediately removed and the advertiser's account will be automatically deleted.

Not only do we wish to respect our advertisers who pay money for the site to be free for all the visitors....we wish to respect all of our members who may be upset with non-sponsored ads. 

Hairboutique.com is not designed to help others launch their businesses.  I like to remind everyone that you can't stroll into Target and post advertisements for your latest products and/or websites without them potentially taking legal action for trespassing.  The same is true here.  HairBoutique.com is private property.

We want to encourage all of our visitors in all their endeavors but please respect our advertisers and other visitors.

Thank you so much.

I am closing and locking this thread since it is slighlty off topic from Lace Front Wig subjects.
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic