Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

First lf (pics)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
thedivaisin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thedivaisin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: First lf (pics)
    Posted: April 26 2008 at 1:01pm
Okay, I have been anxiously awaiting my unit from rex and I finally got it. It is a beautiful wig but it looks like a WIG. I have dye tha lace but I am going to have to bleach the knots. Hopefully the bleaching will work since I dyed the lace and I'm sure some of the dye got on the knots. Other than that I don't know what to do. The hair is BIG like I'm wearing a helmet.

I didn't apply the unit yet so in the pics it is just sitting on my head. My adhesives have not come in yet and the "proflex" that I bought at a wig shop is TERRIBLE. You could clearly see it. I hope the supertape that I have on order is better. If not, I also got no-tape so I will use that on the front.

I don't have makeup on either.  So enjoy and PLEASE give me some advise.

intl_babygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intl_babygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2008 at 1:42pm
it looks alright ... if its cut into a style it will look less wiggy but other than that you are probably not very happy with the appearance of the density
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2008 at 2:22pm
its pretty! what are your spec's?
trulyurangel82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trulyurangel82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2008 at 2:22pm
I think it looks good however if you want to change the density you are going to have to pluck the hairs. I think Breh has a method of doing that.

My unit is light to medium density (light yaki) . Its a good density however looks a little huge after i wash it..so what I do is put some serum on it and then flat iron it with my ceramic iron. I make sure the knots are sealed the night before.

After I flat iron it with serum. I then comb the unit and put a scarf over it and let it sit under the dryer for a few minutes. It flattens it out and makes it sleek.
Tea4Two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tea4Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2008 at 2:24pm

Yes I agree that once it's cut and styled, it'll look very nice.  If you're not satisfied with the density, just go with a lighter density next time.  The hair is nice.

trulyurangel82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trulyurangel82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2008 at 2:26pm
oh yeah i have supertape and i can clearly see it.
i use blueliner which is less noticable
DiorsMommy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorsMommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2008 at 2:52pm

1b/30 sometimes looks fake in the part.  Next time I'd ask him to make the root of the 30 dark.  Or you can do it. It will have a more natural appearance.  Other than that, if you have it professionally razored and styled, you'll love it.

loveangie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveangie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2008 at 3:12pm
Very pretty. I agree that once you get it shaped to your face, you'll love it.

If I could go back in time to my first unit, I'd leave the density alone. By the time I got through combing and brushing and playing with it, it had thinned out plenty.
griff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2008 at 4:30pm
Thedivaisin,

If this is your first, it could be that you are just not used to looking at yourself in it. Having said that, I would try tweezing the part, or if you are uncomfortable doing so, take it to a stylist and have it professionally thinned out. Remeber that your unit will thin out over time, so you may not want to this it too much.  Ask the stylist to try to make the hairline and crown a lighter density.  If you are really uncomfortable with it, you could sell it and order a custom, but I think that the hair is pretty and once you get it cut and styled, you'll like it!
thedivaisin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thedivaisin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2008 at 4:33pm
thanks guys. I think I am definately going to have it cut. I don't think I will thin it out yet cuz it will probably shed like others have said. I will post pics once I have tweaked it though. I am about to bleach the knots now. wish me luck.
zelliboo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zelliboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2008 at 5:44pm
Very Pretty
ljdream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ljdream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2008 at 7:30pm
Actually the unit looks nice, just a few changes.
First- Check your density. If its not correct, change it next time.
Second - Super tape?Stern%20Smile....I hate it myself becuase I can see it, I personally like blue-liner tape.

Third- streaks and parts. Next time when you want hilights, make your highlights a two tone color. If your base is #2 and your hilights are a #30 make your hilights a T2/30. That way when you part your hair,  ALL of  your roots will be the same color and it will look more natural.

Fourth- I bought a Rex from a member and I had to bleach the knots, now it's just perfect.

Overall, just looking at your unit "out the box" , it's a pretty unit, just need a little tweeking to make it your own.

Have fun with your new beautyEmbarrassed
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic