Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

why is my lace visible?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
trulyurangel82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trulyurangel82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: why is my lace visible?
    Posted: April 27 2008 at 5:47pm
Sometimes I cant really see it in the mirror. But in the car mirror when the sunlight is shining down on me i can clearly see it . i see a line of lace around.
The lace is french and its light brown HOWEVEr i did dye it with a fabric pen which is brown.
I use blueliner tape. Idk if that makes it more noticable or not.

I went in the bathroom at work and went close to the mirror and lifted up my hair and i can see it.

I know someone on here said they checked their lace in the mirror in the sunlight and they said they didnt see any lace. how is that possible? hm.

I did cut it back but not too far up the hairline. Only 3 cells which someone recommended.
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2008 at 6:18pm
try cutting it back to the hairline..
JLTabron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JLTabron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2008 at 6:22pm
I am also having that problem, but my lace is cut back to the hairline.  I am thinking it may be the adhesive or I may have color my lace too dark on the edge of the lace.  I use foundation to cover it up.  Any suggestions are appreciatedSmile

Sorry not trying to jack the thread.

Edited by JLTabron - April 28 2008 at 7:47am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trulyurangel82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2008 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by sexibeach sexibeach wrote:

try cutting it back to the hairline..

how far back? line where theres no lace out?
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2008 at 6:42am
ok maybe i didn't understand what's showing? your part?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trulyurangel82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2008 at 7:58am
Originally posted by sexibeach sexibeach wrote:

ok maybe i didn't understand what's showing? your part?

not the part.

the lace on my forehead . it shows in the car mirror usually on a sunny day.
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2008 at 8:03am
if your lace is showing on your forehead then you still have more that can be cut off.. i cut back to the hairline of unit..
relentless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote relentless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2008 at 11:21am
maybe its you adhesive i use invisbond with dark brown hue is dries brown and the lace seems not to show so much
griff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2008 at 10:35pm
french lace is monstrous to hide.  Try the steri strips or breh's tape method....
Chic-Geek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chic-Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2008 at 10:20am
I use EasyTab to hide French Lace. Griff, you're right that stuff is like trying to hide a chain link fence. 
Curlygirl11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2008 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by Chic-Geek Chic-Geek wrote:

I use EasyTab to hide French Lace. Griff, you're right that stuff is like trying to hide a chain link fence. 

LOLLOL You're right. I only have 1 french lace unit because even when the lace color is right it's still a lot harder for me to hide than the swiss lace.
2Cor 12:8-9
Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness".
CarmelCream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarmelCream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2008 at 10:41am
I have black hair and one day I saw a piece of my lace right at the top of my forehead and on my sides. I took a black marker and colored the lace that worked like a charm because it looked like part of my baby hairs.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic