Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

first App (UPDATE)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
thedivaisin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thedivaisin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: first App (UPDATE)
    Posted: April 28 2008 at 9:28am
Okay ladies, I posted pic of my first lf, a rex indian straight. Well I did my first app. It was a little rough but I learned alot. I used vapon no tape (front) and supertape ( nape and sides). The vapon held great but the supertapes started lift from my head after one day. So next time I will layer vapon and the supertape. So take a look Oh and I don't know how you gals het you lace to not show but you could see mine. I'm gonna experiment with some of the tips you guys share and we will see what happens. I also tried to bleach the knots but it didn't work. the roots bleached but the knot didn't budge. Any advise on that would be greatly appreciated.

sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2008 at 9:55am
man i think you did a great JOB its so pretty..;Clap

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thedivaisin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2008 at 10:42am
thanks sexi.
birdiegrey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote birdiegrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2008 at 11:29am
Originally posted by thedivaisin thedivaisin wrote:

Okay ladies, I posted pic of my first lf, a rex indian straight. Well I did my first app. It was a little rough but I learned alot. I used vapon no tape (front) and supertape ( nape and sides). The vapon held great but the supertapes started lift from my head after one day. So next time I will layer vapon and the supertape. So take a look Oh and I don't know how you gals het you lace to not show but you could see mine. I'm gonna experiment with some of the tips you guys share and we will see what happens. I also tried to bleach the knots but it didn't work. the roots bleached but the knot didn't budge. Any advise on that would be greatly appreciated.

It looks good, girl. In pic 5 when you show your "scalp" it looks like your wig cap may have slipped back a bit and that may be why you can see the lace. Confused I dunno. For your next app you may way to try sticking you wig cap into the glue so it won't slip. HTH...
"Praise will confuse the enemy."
- Marvin Sapp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thedivaisin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2008 at 11:33am

Yeah birdie, I am definately gonna do that cuz after a couple of hours my wig cap was bunched up at the back of my head LOL.  I'm also going to experiment with some of the tips you guys share. I did try the sally hansen spray to cover up the knots but that didn't work. I'm gonno try the tape and glue method next to hide the grid.

Shonita24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shonita24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2008 at 12:09pm
Where did you get your unit from?
"When someone shows you who they are, believe them"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thedivaisin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2008 at 1:24pm
I got it from Rex.
Shonita24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shonita24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2008 at 2:30pm
It's beautifulSmile
"When someone shows you who they are, believe them"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thedivaisin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2008 at 2:51pm
oh thank you Shonita
ash8419 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ash8419 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2008 at 3:17pm
It looks good! If your wig cap did not slip you would have been fine. You are always gonna think you see lace. You did well--don't beat yourself up!!!
ShowStoppers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShowStoppers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2008 at 4:18pm

I think you did a great job.

To prevent your wig cap from slipping apply 2-3 thin strips of tape then apply your wig cap HTH

Asia35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asia35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2008 at 8:57pm
Great Job!
DiorsMommy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorsMommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2008 at 1:02am

Looks great, the hairline template is the BOMB...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic