Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Natural Straight vs. Silky -how to get more silky?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Natural Straight vs. Silky -how to get more silky?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Quadratic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quadratic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Natural Straight vs. Silky -how to get more silky?
    Posted: April 30 2008 at 5:51am

I know that Silky straight (indian) has  been processed to be so bone straight, and that natural straight still maintains a bit of wave. But is it possible to make a natural straight into a silky straight? If so, what would be the best method to do so.

I was thinking Ogilvie perm maybe? But the perming, while making the hair straight would get the texture more yaki, so I'm perplexed. I've come across many threads for how to do silky to yaki. But not so much the other way around.
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2008 at 6:24am
i've never heard of a silky straight processed to be bone straight, its only wavy if the donor of the hair has a natural wave to it.. not all indian hair is wavy, there are unprocessed indian virgin that are naturally bone straight without chemicals.. i have one of each.. but if you want a wavy to be bone straight i would definitely recommend the oglvive straightener..
ash8419 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ash8419 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2008 at 11:05am
Apply the straightener without the rollers and comb through and it will be straight. If you use the straightener with small rod rollers will attempt to make the hair more yaki.
Quadratic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quadratic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2008 at 2:42pm
Thank you Sexi and Ash.
ash8419 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ash8419 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2008 at 3:00pm
You're welcome!
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2008 at 5:11pm
oglvive doesn't require rollers, only the one for curly does... the straightener doesn't..
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic