Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ok I could use a little bit of help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SkinnyBit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkinnyBit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ok I could use a little bit of help
    Posted: May 01 2008 at 5:00pm
ok I have some weird hair lol. The length of my hair is a little lower then my bra strap. Until I turned about 18 years old i had straight virgin hair that I absolutely loved. Well being 18 and a rebel I decided to dye my hair, not a big issue there... Untill I dyed it black for almost a year using many different types of hair dye. That was the huge mistake lol. Then I had to get rid of the black and fast (maid of honor black dress and black hair, dont think so) So I had my stylist at the time strip it for me and once wasn't enough, she had to do it twice then of course dye it to a auburn color. (which I absolutly loved and still dye my hair to now.)

But it changes the type of my hair. I now have this wavy, curly, frizzy mess that most call hair. And if I don't spend the two hours it takes to straighten my hair (including smoke break and reheating breaks) then I'll just throw it up in this half ponytail thing that I do after I get out of the shower so I won't have to worry about fly-aways. (Half ponytail thing is a normal ponytail but instead of pulling all the hair though on the last loop I leave the ends of my hair in so it doesn't bother me thoughout the day or get frizzier)

Now mind you unless im straighting my hair I don't use products (no need when its going up into a ponytail) and I wash my hair every other day. I do a deep conditioning (Cholesterol??) treatment once a month for about 15 minutes  under a dryer  bonnet.

What im getting at is I need to find something to do with this rat's nest that really won't take any longer then a hour at the max. I can and do on an average day work 14+ hours. And don't really have the time or energy to spends hours almost every night on my hair.

Should I spend almost $100 on a straightener that might lessen the time it takes to straighten?

Or does anyone know of any techniques or products that might make my life easier?

Sorry for the long post but I'm totally getting fed up after 5 years of this mess and need something, anything to handle this a little bit better.

Thanks a head of time for any comments/ recommendations.

~*SkinnyBit*~

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic