Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vapon trouble

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
thedivaisin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thedivaisin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vapon trouble
    Posted: May 02 2008 at 8:28am
I am about to give up on this whole lf thing. I have not been able to get a decent app yet. I can't seem to keep my baby hairs from stick to the vapon through the lace. And the super tape that I put on the sides is SO noticable and lifts from my hairline after a day, It sticks to the lace fine though. What am I doing wrong? Am I using too much no-tape? How thin do you guys apply it? How long do you let it set before applying. Also. do you put the tape right up to the edge of the lace or do you set it back a bit. PLEASE HELP! 
kalenjin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kalenjin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2008 at 9:33am
When you are putting the lace down...do not use your fingers to get it down...use a tail comb so you can avoid sticking the hairs onto the lace, This always works for me,...also i use a very thin layer, esp vapon...you can make it thin by dipping it into some hot water for a few minutes to thin it before the app. this reduces the stringyness as well

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thedivaisin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2008 at 11:26am
okay, thanks so much. I think my problem must be that I'm using too much vapon. I will try your method with the ratail comb and hot water. Thank you thank you.
intl_babygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intl_babygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2008 at 1:15pm
use a small craft popsicle stick to make sure your layers are thin ... also you can use clips to pin your babyhairs back out of the way ... like kalenjin said use a CLEAN rat tail comb to press in or an orange stick...
hmm ... http://public.fotki.com/intlbabygirl/

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thedivaisin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2008 at 1:53pm
It's not that the baby hairs are in the way, the problem is that the glue seeps through the lace and sticks that hair dow.
Chic-Geek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chic-Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2008 at 2:24pm
ITA with intl_babygirl and kalenjin... when using Vapon No Tape... "Less is More" you don't need a lot to get a good hold; and pin your baby hair back, out of the way. Allow time for the adhesive to become tacky to-the-touch BEFORE applying your unit. Once that's done, tie it down for a bit then you're ready to enjoy a secure hold with "free flowing" baby hair.
docpam69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote docpam69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2008 at 3:40pm
i usually apply a small dot on my forehead and then smear it around with a q tip as far as I can go, I then continue all the way around. Then You have to let it completely dry usually 5-10 min and then apply. I've never had it seep theough the lace. I use supertape on top, close to the edge. Sometimes the top is shiny but I fix that by rubbing with an old toothbrush. The adhesive work by pressure. After you get in it in to position use the comb edge to press down, then tie your edges down for 20 minutes to strengthen the bond
Don't give up - you just have to find what works for you and less is always more
NClady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NClady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2008 at 4:08pm

Thanks for the tip. I just brought some Vapon..Going to try this...

Bangles and Stilettos
DiorsMommy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorsMommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2008 at 11:40pm
I use an adhesive similar to that.  I went to Hobby Lobby and got a small bottle with a small squeeze spout on the end and has a smakk top to close it with when I'm done, similar to what you use to mix color but smaller.  I squeze out a small ampunt on to my finger and then apply.  It's cleaner that way and I can really control where the adhesive goes and how thin is goes on.  Less is more.  I do two coats and sit underneath a cool dryer for 10 minutes in between or 15 minutes in room temp.  As long as the glue cures and sets properly, you will have no seeping into the hair through the lace.  I keep a wash cloth and use C22 and alcohol to clean my finger in between my layering of adhesives.  HTH
fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2008 at 3:21pm
I've heard that you need to use TopSol to remove Vapon No Tape. Is this true? Can you use 99% alcohol or Goo Gone instead?
Love clip-ins and tape!
Chic-Geek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chic-Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2008 at 3:24pm
I use 99% alcohol to remove No Tape. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thedivaisin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2008 at 3:28pm
I use GoGone and 92% alcohol. I have not had any problems getting it off. Dior, what adhesive do you use, is it cheaper than no tape. I'm looking for a substitute cuz no tape is a little expensive.
bigmomma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmomma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2008 at 4:59pm

where u get 92% alcohol?

First There Was 2 Sets Of Footprints In The Sand, Then There Was 1 Set Of Footprints In The Sand ,When Time Gets Hard And sh*t Hits The Fan God Don't Walk With Me He Carry Me Man!(50)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thedivaisin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2008 at 5:39pm
Actually, its 91% (wasn't looking at it at the time) and I got it at CVS.
Curlygirl11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2008 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by fakeizme fakeizme wrote:

I've heard that you need to use TopSol to remove Vapon No Tape. Is this true? Can you use 99% alcohol or Goo Gone instead?

For me TopSol is more effective at removing acrylic based adhesives like Vapon NoTape, Davlyn, HD High Definition, etc. C-22 and 99% alcohol also work but IMO they are better at removing the tape from my skin than they are at removing lace from adhesive. The TopSol lathers up when you rub it into the lace and dissolves the adhesive causing the lace to just lift right up without having to pull on it at all. 
2Cor 12:8-9
Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness".
panzerswifey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote panzerswifey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2008 at 10:19pm
I got the 91% alcohol from walgreens. I am glad to see someone else uses it & it works. I havent used it yet.
http://panzerboswell.ning.com
http://panzerswifey.blogspot.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic