Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Rex Unit....check out my pix

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
griff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2008 at 10:45pm
Hi Ladies,

OK...I finally applied my new Rex unit and took some pics.  Please give me your most honest feedback about the cut and the app.  It is a 20 inch chinese light yaki that I had trimmed (an inch or so) and cut into long layers with very subtle framing around my face.  My app was easy and I think decent, BUT I am having the wig cap issue again!  The hairline is light and I can see the wig cap through the front.  I think I will use the fabric pen to darken the wig cap along the edges.  I want to avoid using a black wig cap (even though it works) bc I want to be able to part it without the tape trick.  Anyway, it's a stock and here's what I think:

Advantages of Rex:  Great hairline, great length, good cap construction, super fast shipping, soft buttery hair, generous stretch panel

Disadvantages:  He got a little carried away with the knot bleaching and in the front, the hair around the hairline is slightly red at the roots for about a 1/8 of an inch.  It makes it hard to hide the wig cap.  I have to decide if I want to use a root touch up kit or keep using mascara (ghetto, I know Wink).  Also, It takes a lot of work to make this hair lay down and behave.  IDK if that's because it's new or what, but after tying it down, it is starting to do better.

http://public.fotki.com/sgriffin378/new-rex-unit/us031.html

pw:  rex

Edited by griff - May 13 2008 at 5:43am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic