Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Rex Unit....check out my pix

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
griff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Rex Unit....check out my pix
    Posted: May 10 2008 at 10:45pm
Hi Ladies,

OK...I finally applied my new Rex unit and took some pics.  Please give me your most honest feedback about the cut and the app.  It is a 20 inch chinese light yaki that I had trimmed (an inch or so) and cut into long layers with very subtle framing around my face.  My app was easy and I think decent, BUT I am having the wig cap issue again!  The hairline is light and I can see the wig cap through the front.  I think I will use the fabric pen to darken the wig cap along the edges.  I want to avoid using a black wig cap (even though it works) bc I want to be able to part it without the tape trick.  Anyway, it's a stock and here's what I think:

Advantages of Rex:  Great hairline, great length, good cap construction, super fast shipping, soft buttery hair, generous stretch panel

Disadvantages:  He got a little carried away with the knot bleaching and in the front, the hair around the hairline is slightly red at the roots for about a 1/8 of an inch.  It makes it hard to hide the wig cap.  I have to decide if I want to use a root touch up kit or keep using mascara (ghetto, I know Wink).  Also, It takes a lot of work to make this hair lay down and behave.  IDK if that's because it's new or what, but after tying it down, it is starting to do better.

http://public.fotki.com/sgriffin378/new-rex-unit/us031.html

pw:  rex

Edited by griff - May 13 2008 at 5:43am
Shonita24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shonita24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2008 at 10:53pm
Griff, that looks so awesome. Great application and it compliments you well!
"When someone shows you who they are, believe them"
nola06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nola06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2008 at 11:29pm

Very nice application!

Nola06
Lacygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lacygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2008 at 11:31pm
I cant see the pics
Remeber to tell your children you love them. You might not have that chance tommorow..
Lacygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lacygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2008 at 11:37pm
OMG Griff I finally pulled up ur pic and that app is amazing you look so beautiful What color lace is it? At least he "TRIED" to bleach the knots..
Most of them dont.. I think I'm gonna try that mascara trick. Yes I will be ordering from him soon. Hope he has my size 21.5
Remeber to tell your children you love them. You might not have that chance tommorow..
Curlygirl11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2008 at 12:27am
OOoooooooohhhhhhhhhhh Griff !!!!!     That is SO pretty on you. I think I like his CR light yaki a little better than Holly's. Even though she's my girl I might have to give ol' Rexy Poo a try. I luv how the texture of that unit fits perfectly with the texture and shine that your eyebrows have. Work it girl !! Your app is already great but then you just killed it with the pics of your nape app and the pony tail. Wwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy  cute Griff.....way cute Clap
2Cor 12:8-9
Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness".
prettyandbrains View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prettyandbrains Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2008 at 1:34am
I love it Griff. That texture is the bomb. I just ordered one from Holly. I hope it looks as good as yours. BTW, what is the density on that? It is just right and full and beautiful. Should I go on..................
-There is no limit to what an active mind can achieve. Never stop thinking and discovering- Me
thicktrinibabi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thicktrinibabi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2008 at 8:55am
looks great very natural
bigmomma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmomma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2008 at 9:09am
Dont stop get it get it , the hair is beautiful and ur app on point
First There Was 2 Sets Of Footprints In The Sand, Then There Was 1 Set Of Footprints In The Sand ,When Time Gets Hard And sh*t Hits The Fan God Don't Walk With Me He Carry Me Man!(50)
griff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2008 at 10:58am
Thank you ladies!  I really like it too. 

P and B:  It is a stock and I think the density is light fading to medium.  It's def. light around the edges but not extra light.  I think the middle is thicker than I would like, but I know that it will shed over time so I won't have it thinned out.  You should be fine with Holly.  Curlygirl and Breh have used her and we have NEVER seen them in a busted unit.

Lacygirl:  It's light brown swiss lace.  His lace melts into the skin, but the color was too light, so I used a darker brown fabric pen (thanks Breh....waving) around the edges and then it blended perfectly.

CG:  Thanks! I need to try your wig cap and lace dying trick but I was waaayyyy too lazy to start working on it.  When I do, I will get the headband with the combs and see if I came anywhere close to your apps Wink)
Tea4Two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tea4Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2008 at 11:05am

I'm amazed at how beautiful and soft this looks.  Wow. 
You did a wonderful job with your app.  I don't see anything wrong with it. 
I love the nape... I can't tell it's not your own hair! 

Beautiful!  That's all I can say. Clap

http://public.fotki.com/Tea4Two
docpam69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote docpam69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2008 at 12:14pm
Looks really good. I love the cut. Sometimes I dye my wig caps with the Sally Hansen leg spray (dark glow) it matches my skin tone and it's water resistant so even when I wet the hair I doesn't run (unless I use shampoo)
They probably didn't bleach long enough b/c they turn orande b4 they go blond. but you can't tell from the pix
Snook View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2008 at 4:51pm
Very Pretty!!! Wink
atlantagirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atlantagirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2008 at 8:09pm
very nice
Breh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2008 at 10:46pm
Work it, work it, work it !!!! Girl, you know you did your thang. You look great!!! You making me miss my light yaki. I may have to buy me another one and then I can just blame you when my husband ask why I am buying more hair, he, he, he...LOL
No weapon formed against me shall prosper.

www.brehshouseoflacewigs.com
email:info@brehshouseoflacewigs.
MsJeannetteA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsJeannetteA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2008 at 1:11pm
You app is fly and on point.

I love Rex...i have a hard time going to anyone else.
fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2008 at 3:29pm
You look great Griff; just the perfect hair on you.
Love clip-ins and tape!
meangirl76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meangirl76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2008 at 4:21pm
Great app. Plus the texture suits you well (goes with your brows)!
DiorsMommy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorsMommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2008 at 11:58pm
Griff it's the bomb girl
DHawk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2008 at 2:48pm
HI Everyone
I have been surfin the net for 3 months trying to decide who to buy my first unit from. Can anyone tell me how to buy from Rex or Holly?Cry
Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic