Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Newbie ...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
30isthenewblack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 30isthenewblack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Newbie ...
    Posted: May 11 2008 at 9:03am

Hello all,

I've been lurking on this forum for years and thought I would introduce myself. I feel like I know you already and I have learnt a lot LOL

Here is a link to my hair -

I have afro curly hair and it is 21 inches curly and 25 inches pulled down (bsl). My first goal is to reach bsl length when it is curly. Anything other than that is a bonus.

I've decided that I am going to make a concentrated effort to grow my hair. I seem to go through the same cycle where I grow my hair, it starts to break or get split ends and I need to go to the hairdresser to get an inch or two taken off which happened quite recently.  To compound matters, I'm also growing out my layers as well.

I've started taking Figaro Hair Food which is an Australian product. It has 90mcg of Folic Acid, 2.5mg of Biotin as well as Silica 53.4mg and Zinc. I've also bought coconut oil and jojoba oil to put on the ends of my hair. My curly hair tends to be quite dry at the ends. I'm also buying a silk pillow and making an effort to put my hair up to protect it. After one too many bad haircuts, I've sworn off hairdressers and will ask my mum to trim it every three months.

I do colour my hair every six months Shocked but that is my only vice as I do not blow dry my hair and I have never straightened my hair. I believe that you should embrace your curls.

Looking forward to getting to know you all better and being part of the community Big%20smile

Gillian

Edited by 30isthenewblack - May 11 2008 at 9:10am
www.30isthenewblack.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic