Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Silk Base Top Closure

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lacygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lacygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Silk Base Top Closure
    Posted: May 12 2008 at 6:48am
Hello Ladies , I want to place a custom order with Jack Sun and was wondering if anyone had ordered a silk base top closure from any of the vendors and what was ur thought on this. I heard the knots are not visible.
Remeber to tell your children you love them. You might not have that chance tommorow..
francoise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote francoise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2008 at 8:19pm
bump! i'm also very interested!!
Divavocals View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2008 at 8:12am
See if these posts help

Search Results
 HairTalk™ @ HairBoutique.com : Search Results
Search Results for 'silk base' has found 42 results in 0.422 seconds.
This search was processed Today at 6:11am.
Page 1 of 3 Next >>
Forum: Lace Front Wig TalkHot%20Topic%20%5bno%20new%20posts%5d Message%20IconTopic: silk base? invisible roots?
Divavocals

Replies: 79
Views: 2517

View Post View%20Post
silk base? invisible roots?
Posted: May 19 2008 at 6:55am
I took some picsof me wearing the Halley's silk unit which I will post soon. According to USPS my Lindsay is at my local post office so I should get it today or tomorrow. I plan to wear the Lindsay for the holiday weekend so will take pics Friday & post them all together. My 3rd unit is a custom light yaki which should be ready in another 2 weeks or so. I am thinking about getting a kinky with the silk base next & then I am finishedbuyingbecause I am well aware that I... View%20Post
Forum: Lace Front Wig TalkHot%20Topic%20%5bno%20new%20posts%5d Message%20IconTopic: silk base? invisible roots?
MassGal

View Post View%20Post
Posted: May 19 2008 at 6:27am
Divavocals you freakin ROCK!!! Thanks for the info & pics. FYI - I have seen nomindstudio's hidden knots unit as it was sent to me in error when I last ordered from them via ebay. It was very nice but the color & texture were wrong for me ( like a 6 mix & very straight hair). Was hard to send it back... You & meangurl76 have gotten me hooked on silk caps now! I've bought three in the past month or so. Awww thanks girl.. Glad I could be of help.. Three silk... View%20Post
Divavocals

View Post View%20Post
Posted: May 15 2008 at 4:05pm
But these bases are much more realistic looking than a wig with a stocking cap attached to it.. I can lay my "doctored" lace closures next to my silk injected closures, and the differences are immediately apparent..

Edited by Divavocals 2008-05-16 14:29:34 View%20Post
Forum: Lace Front Wig TalkHot%20Topic%20%5bno%20new%20posts%5d Message%20IconTopic: Silk Base Top Closure
Lacygirl

Replies: 1
Views: 63

View Post View%20Post
Silk Base Top Closure
Posted: May 12 2008 at 4:48am
Hello Ladies , I want to place a custom order with Jack Sun and was wondering if anyone had ordered a silk base top closure from any of the vendors and what was ur thought on this. I heard the knots are not visible. View%20Post
Divavocals

View Post View%20Post
Posted: May 04 2008 at 7:50pm
Are there shedding concerns with these caps? I do not see how the knots can be sealed.The construction of many of these pieces do not allow you to seal them the same way you seal lace based pieces.. That said, if these pieces are well constructed there is no knot sealing needed. These pieces will have less shedding because of the density of the base material used. I have three silk based closures from Extensions Plus, and I have not needed to seal any of them..
View%20Post
MassGal

View Post View%20Post
Posted: May 04 2008 at 3:18pm
Forgot to add this: I was told that a tea bag is an alternative way to tint the silk.

I have to work up by Halley's Curls silk base over Mother's Day weekend
( silk base too light for my tone, hair too straight & long but a nicely made unit overall). I will post before & after pics.

Edited by MassGal 2008-05-05 09:37:49 View%20Post
MassGal

View Post View%20Post
Posted: May 04 2008 at 2:49pm
Are there shedding concerns with these caps? I do not see how the knots can be sealed.

I just ordered a custom silk base from a vendor who told me that most of these have shedding issues. She strongly recommended sealing the knots. I told her I use acrylic spray & she said it would be a better option than hair spray which can be drying.

View%20Post
Forum: Lace Front Wig TalkHot%20Topic%20%5bno%20new%20posts%5d Message%20IconTopic: Holly Zang
happydesta

Replies: 10
Views: 228

View Post View%20Post
Holly Zang
Posted: May 04 2008 at 9:58am
I love the workmanship of her units. The hair is okay. It depends on what you get. I am planning on purchasing the hair from somewhere elseand having her make the LF for me. She is the only one I know of that uses silk bases. I love her stuff. She and Rex are the bomb. View%20Post
Forum: Lace Front Wig TalkHot%20Topic%20%5bno%20new%20posts%5d Message%20IconTopic: new hair crack- update - style pics added!!!!
NOT W8N

Replies: 24
Views: 547

View Post View%20Post
new hair crack- update - style pics added!!!!
Posted: May 01 2008 at 1:09pm
yes the lindsay is the one with the silk base... i used EB to hold her- i didnt want to have to worry about my lf during exams - and i stress out and stuff so i didnt want to add to the stress .... I do wear a wig cap cause i have thick behind hair that wont stay down w/o the tightness the wig cap allows...maybe next time i wash it i can just blow it out to flatten it so i wont need a wig cap.... hmmmm? ok ok ladies i will take photos of the layers... STAY TUNED..... I am grateful... View%20Post
Forum: Lace Front Wig TalkHot%20Topic%20%5bno%20new%20posts%5d Message%20IconTopic: new hair crack- update - style pics added!!!!
Tea4Two

Replies: 24
Views: 547

View Post View%20Post
new hair crack- update - style pics added!!!!
Posted: May 01 2008 at 11:25am
FixinHeads has great units! Lindsay looks very pretty on you!! And I love the color! Did you buy the unit with the silk base? I don't see any knots. View%20Post
sexibeach

View Post View%20Post
Posted: April 21 2008 at 6:50pm
kosher wigs tend to last longer. I have read women say that they gotten several years of wear out of them.I think one of the reasons for this is because they do not use asian or indian hair to make the wigs. If you are interested in a kosher wig.Savvy sheitel is a company that tends to offer less expensive. that's true b/c to be kosher they have to be certified that they are NOT INDIAN HAIR thru the rabbi.. i think the reglion has a lot to do with it between the two..but its usually... View%20Post
Divavocals

View Post View%20Post
Posted: April 21 2008 at 1:14pm
iwas speaking to a vendor about silk bases. He said he was familiar with the silk method but only on kosher jewish wigs. He said his company uses Chinese silk instead of Swiss lace,and the knots are hidden,the hair seems grow from the skin. Would this be the same thing? This is exactly the same thing we have been speaking of (when talking about silk bases).. BTW.. the pic you postedis a LOT too small to see clearly. View%20Post
Electric Beauty

View Post View%20Post
Posted: April 20 2008 at 6:25pm
iwas speaking to a vendor about silk bases. He said he was familiar with the silk method but only on kosher jewish wigs. He said his company uses Chinese silk instead of Swiss lace,and the knots are hidden,the hair seems grow from the skin. Would this be the same thing? View%20Post
Divavocals

View Post View%20Post
Posted: April 19 2008 at 8:02am
So are the silk bases and monofilament 2 different bases? or are they 1 in the same? (from the pictures that i have seen online thus far they look similar) -and if they are different what is difference between mono and the silk bases. Monofilamentmaterial (which can be silk mono)is still a somewhat sheer material.It doeshide the knots well because of the density of the weaveof the monofilament material, but often the scalp area in monofilament pieces (wigs and closures) does not look... View%20Post
ShowStoppers

View Post View%20Post
Posted: April 18 2008 at 3:57pm
You go girls, I may need to trythe silk base though View%20Post
amazon1147

View Post View%20Post
Posted: April 18 2008 at 11:33am
So are the silk bases and monofilament 2 different bases? or are they 1 in the same? (from the pictures that i have seen online thus far they look similar) -and if they are different what is difference between mono and the silk bases.

Edited by amazon1147 2008-04-18 13:38:24 View%20Post
MsMahoganyRed

View Post View%20Post
Posted: April 12 2008 at 9:55pm
MsMahagoney--

You are correct those pictures are from Marie67 fokti. She's a member on BHM. I remember when she posted a topic about them and she purchased the silk based closure from Halle's Curl.
I knew that I had seen them elsewhere and not froma vendor "so to speak"! I thought they were hers but I couldn't find them in her fotki so I chalked it up as maybe being misinformed!
Thanks! View%20Post
mslady

View Post View%20Post
Posted: April 12 2008 at 3:40am
MsMahagoney--

You are correct those pictures are from Marie67 fokti. She's a member on BHM. I remember when she posted a topic about them and she purchased the silk based closure from Halle's Curl.

Edited by mslady 2008-04-12 05:44:19 View%20Post
Forum: Lace Front Wig TalkHot%20Topic%20%5bno%20new%20posts%5d Message%20IconTopic: Vets and newbies your advice is needed
sexibeach

Replies: 8
Views: 202

View Post View%20Post
Vets and newbies your advice is needed
Posted: April 07 2008 at 5:15pm
i think that would be great but really do your homework b/c they also is a business that's in very high demand.. sometimes you can get floor hair and/or waste hair, that falls to the floor and the cuticles aren't aligned and its tangles like the rest.. sometimes the factory's or the temples themselves don't always know what they're getting b/c its not regulated by the government b/c its a religion to donate the hair to the temples..and from my research its known that the... View%20Post
Divavocals

View Post View%20Post
Posted: April 01 2008 at 7:44am
Yes diva but most lf wear'ers don't buy them from Extension's Plus b/c they are high and expensive.. we normally deal with chinese vendor's and/or some american vendors that are a little more cost effective,but not at the same prices as EP.. but even with the options of the silk its gonna tact on a little extra cost even with the chinese b/c the venilation process is harder than the lace... not to mention the other extra's we normally opt for.. I realize that not... View%20Post

Check out the 5th So Cal offline luncheon?? For more info: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com/lunch.html

Links to my fav vendors & hair albums + Weave 101 information: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic