Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

need shiny hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
twostepper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twostepper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: need shiny hair
    Posted: May 14 2008 at 9:54am
hi, i am trying to find something to put some shine in my bleached hair. my condition is ok, but need some shine, i keep buying the wrong products i guess. thanks a bunch, two stepper
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2008 at 8:53am
That's going to be difficult.  Lightened hair is somewhat damaged and porous, even if it still looks good and isn't split, and its naturally going to be less shiny.  That's not saying it can't be shiny, if a person has naturally dark blonde hair and goes light blonde, their hair can still have some shine left in it because it didn't need as much processing to get it that light. You may have witnessed this if you've ever seen anyone with dyed light blonde hair try to go back dark with dye- there is no duller dark hair than this until it either grows out or they go back blonde. (I hated that phase on me).  The only thing you can do is try silicone products, (any conditioner or shampoo that has "cone" or "one" in the ingredients) but you'll have to be careful about buildup, because buildup will damage it over time and make it duller.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twostepper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2008 at 10:41am
thank you so much! i will look for products with ingredients you mentioned,my hair i am a natural blond originally, so i will try another product.
Rebecca_cha103 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebecca_cha103 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2008 at 12:22am
this may sound wierd but using raw eggs on ur hair will give it shine , so will beer, and also mayonaise.Rebecca!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twostepper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2008 at 7:38am
hi, i will sure give those a try, thanks for your response, twostepper
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic