Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - For lowlights-wanting a color with the least smell
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

For lowlights-wanting a color with the least smell

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
oceanduck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oceanduck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: For lowlights-wanting a color with the least smell
    Posted: May 15 2008 at 12:50pm
Hi, I don't know much about color, but I'm sensitive to smells, I get real weak/dizzy from ammonia and some fragrances.

I'm wanting to do just a few lowlights either myself or at a salon, hopefully myself, on my lightened hair which was lightened all over with Aveda's lightener, which is gentler than bleach.

My color, though, is drab and dull and a little yellowish.

I'm REALLY wanting some light ash blonde lowlights and some neutral medium blonde lowlights or some strawberry blonde lowlights.

But, toners stink to me and don't last very long.

I've used Robert Craig's haircolor which has no smell, but I dislike very much the blonde colors, they are just too yellow or brown, ugly on my blonde hair.

I've used Redken Shades but it always leaves my hair really really tangly and sticky feeling no matter how many times I condition before or afterwards the tangliness never goes away.

Anyway, the SMELL issue is the main thing I want to know.

Which brand of color for lowlights, even if it just lasts a few months, would have the least smell, no ammonia, the LEAST PPD ??

I can't stand my hair looking like this.

Afterwards I'm going to use Robert Craig's clear gloss! It's good and no smell.
karen s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karen s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2008 at 2:10pm
This is a tricky one!

As most hair colourants have a smell, even bleach.

I do not know of any products that have no smell, maybe another member will though.

I would recommend you go for bleached hi lites ( if you can stand the smell, lol) Then apply a semi medium brown over the hi lited area (semi colours have minimal smell)

I hope this helps, Karen.
karen sanderson
oceanduck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oceanduck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2008 at 9:09pm
Ok thank you.

So let me ask another question:

What are some good semi-perm. colors, besides Natural Instincts, that are good for use as toners over blonde hair if I decide to do blonde highlights, and which semi-perm. brands of color would have no ammonia and the mildest smell ?.

Anyone know? thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic