Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Prozac & Hair Loss?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Karla View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Prozac & Hair Loss?
    Posted: November 14 2002 at 3:52am
Hey all,

My sister has been taking prozac through her doctor for about 3 months with good results. However, her hair has started falling out in clumps. She asked her doctor about it and he said that clinical depression can have an impact on hair loss. I think that it may be the Prozac since that is the only thing that has changed. Anyone ever hear of this as a possible link to hair loss?
Ingrid16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingrid16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2002 at 9:54am
Hi Karla! I dunno about Prozac, but I do know that numerous antidepressant medications can cause hair loss to some degree...tell your sister to try taking a daily multivitamin (I know it sounds wierd, but Centrum Silver, normally for older people, actually works). Clinical & chemical depression can also have an effect, but hopefully if the meds work, then this wont be a problem for her anymore. :)
Lotsa Love & Good luck to your sis
Ingrid :)
If I had wings then I could take you in
I'd stay on the ground and show you some things
The grass is strewn with blades of gold
all sights and sounds I have been told
all hopes, desires, seem to sing
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic