Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Asian virgin LFW on dark skin??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sugalicious View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugalicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asian virgin LFW on dark skin??
    Posted: May 17 2008 at 9:31pm

I'm considering ordering a lace wig and have a question about the Asian virgin hair. Do you think this would look too fake/too silky on a dark-skinned woman? The customer service representative said it most resembled African-American hair because it's thicker and has less sheen than the silky straight and yaki, but I'm more concerned about the actual texture. Can any lace wig veterans help me out on this? TIA.

Bella8933 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bella8933 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2008 at 2:20am
Umm I think you are confused - the yaki has no sheen at all ... well, maybe a tiny bit.

The Indian and Chinese reny has the sheen because it will look just like an Asian person's hair.
Pleasure Seeker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pleasure Seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2008 at 3:23pm
I'm light and wear Chinese Virgin Remy hair.  I think it looks good on dark skin also.  The Chinese hair is not as fine as Indian hair.   The CVR hair has a natural shine and it's also very easy to take care of.   

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugalicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2008 at 10:26pm
I'm new to the full lace wigs, Bella, so I probably am confused. (I'm just going by what the customer service representative quoted me.) Too bad I can't get an actual hair sample. I'd hate to make such a costly mistake. Thanks for the info.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugalicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2008 at 10:31pm
Pleasure Seeker, do you think the virgin hair looks natural on dark-skinned girls? I don't want it be so obvious that the hair originally came off somebody else's head. LOL.
phillycutee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phillycutee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2008 at 9:39am

i am dark skinned an I wear virgin hairand I have not had a problem with it. As long as your app is on point any texture is belivable!! People ar gonna stare anyway due to the length, but i take that a copliment as well. i have only ever had 1 perosn question my hair texture, and by the time i was done talking to her she was giving me her number so she could order 1 as well. i think its all in how well you pull it off as an individual, but i think you will be fine!!

Hello, my name is Tiffany and i am a CHRONIC OVERDRESSER!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugalicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2008 at 10:36am
Thanks, Philly! I was a little nervous about it, but I feel better after reading your reply.
amazon1147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amazon1147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2008 at 2:56pm
I wear the CVR as well  - as matter of fact I stand by it, I love it, CVR holds a curl like nobody's business. I am Kelly Rowland's complexion and I love it. I think that if your app is on point and you have a great razor cut it will look awesome.  Thus far no one has questioned my hair texture. The length of my units are 20+ inches. I hope this helps, just order what you like and be CONFIDENT!
choclatey77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choclatey77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2008 at 3:17pm
Im wearing an indian virgin remy it happend my mistake but it looks fine.
Mercedes87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mercedes87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2008 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by choclatey77 choclatey77 wrote:

Im wearing an indian virgin remy it happend my mistake but it looks fine.

Hello Choclatey, the pic in your avi looks amazing! Is that a deep wave? If so, how do get it to look so moist. My deep wave from an AV arrived today and she looks VERY dry. What can I use to bring a slight shine?
choclatey77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choclatey77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2008 at 5:52pm
That is actually a unit that i apple permed but that night i washed it and rolled it with the white jerry curl rollers. Um i used sunsilk anti poof cream and some biolage matrix shine serum.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugalicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2008 at 9:33pm
OK great cuz I'm about Kelly Rowland's complexion too. And you sure said it right about being CONFIDENT. Having confidence has a heck of a lot to do with carrying a look too! Thx for the info.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic