Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dying a Lace Wig...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Twinklesxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twinklesxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dying a Lace Wig...
    Posted: May 18 2008 at 6:13am
I brought my wig about a month ago and I'm getting it fitted next week. The thing is it's apparently a 'relaxed' wig and it's a 1b/2 mix (I think). I loved the dark colour at first but now I want something lighter just like my real hair. My real hair is a light chocolatey brown and I'd like that colour and some caramel / honey highlights done professionally aswell like the pic at the link below:

Click to see the colour I'm talking about

Will it be possible to do seen as the hair has been processed? This is the only drastic thing I'd be doing to the wig, as I don't use heat at all.

Let me know guys...

Thanks xx

Edited by Twinklesxx - May 18 2008 at 6:22am
docpam69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote docpam69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2008 at 10:54am

Those colors are beautiful.

you may have to remove the color first as a lot of vendors use rit fabric dye to color the hair. If they have it's very difficult to lighten.. I have a chinese virgin that I colored very similar to your picture

I used Feria for dark hair in golden bronze to get the base color then used Beyond the zone on/off scalp bleach kit to make the golden highlights

http://public.fotki.com/Docpam69/cvr-color-sensation/

I color must of my wigs (even processed ones) you just have to make sure you deep condition to keep them from getting dry
ash8419 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ash8419 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2008 at 4:31pm
IA with docpam! You will need to lift your color by removing the clothing dye first to see how dark the natural hair is and then go from there. Deep condition your hair after all the color is done and you should be fine.

Docpam you hair colors are beautiful!!!
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2008 at 5:43pm
the colors are so pretty.. Clap

the main thing to do is protect the knots, i've posted how to dye and protect your knots in the newbie thread..

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic