Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - New Update!!!PICS! Piggyback!  Easy tip updates...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Update!!!PICS! Piggyback! Easy tip updates...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
griff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Update!!!PICS! Piggyback! Easy tip updates...
    Posted: May 18 2008 at 7:06am
NEW UPDATE!!!! This tip makes tape only apps possible!  I used a black wig cap, this part trick, but this time I put the glue on the inside of the cap and the powder on both the inside and outside.  I used proflex tape to my ears and then blue liner in the back.  I dabbed the tape with vapon and this is the strongest hold ever.  But the best part is that bc the wig cap is black and the trick uses makeup, the tape in invisible!

I am a thief!  That's right, I said it, Thief!  I have taken some tips from Curlygirl, Breh, and Countessrim (Hey Divas....waving madly) and modified them with great results.  The tips are for dying a wig cap, and making a realistic part.  You know I can't handle things that are too complicated hairwise, so here's what I came up with....

1. Using Breh's fabricmate pen and Curlygirl's idea of dying the wig cap, I colored the edges of the front of my wig cap with the fabric marker.  When I put it on, the cap line was less visible.  I still need to perfect it.  I think I will cut off the elastic band and glue it down to make it invisible.  Now, if only the glue/tape would actually hold it in place.....

2.  Using Countessrim's method, I made an awesome part.  I am terrified of UH.  I was sooooo tempted to try it for the part, but then I decided to use invisibond instead.  I used a qtip and gently put a layer if invisibond right on the lace of the part.  When it dried, I used a makeup brush and dusted powder over the glue.  I used a damp washcloth to clean up any undesireable areas.  My part looks GREAT...no grids at all!  Maybe next time, I will try doing it on the inside of the cap. 

No password

Edited by griff - May 26 2008 at 3:45pm
docpam69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote docpam69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2008 at 10:46am
Can'y wait to see
Bella8933 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bella8933 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2008 at 1:34pm
Hey, great tips!!

Thanks!
Curlygirl11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2008 at 9:21pm
Way to go Griff !  **waving back wildly**

I'm glad to see you modified all these tips in a way that works best for you. Now lemme see some pics girl. Come on bounce.....lemme see upsidedowndance.....lemme see barmy.....LEMME SEEEEEE bounce
2Cor 12:8-9
Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness".
griff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2008 at 10:33pm
bump with pics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2008 at 10:43pm
Ooooohhhh Griff. That unit looks ssssssooooooooooo pretty on you. I LUV it. Flawless app !! Clap  You can't see any lace or any grids anywhere. I also love how your hair is cut to frame your face a little bit. Way cute girl.....way cute.
Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness".
bigmomma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmomma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2008 at 10:58pm
griff u know u be doing it up! Thumbs%20Up i still havent tried the glue and make-up trick so it really makes the grid go away? i'll have to try it
First There Was 2 Sets Of Footprints In The Sand, Then There Was 1 Set Of Footprints In The Sand ,When Time Gets Hard And sh*t Hits The Fan God Don't Walk With Me He Carry Me Man!(50)
PrincessLF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrincessLF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2008 at 6:36am
Wow, your application and part looks amazing.  I just wish the pictures were a little bigger and close up.  (HINT)Clap  Seriously, you did a great job.
Countessrim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Countessrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2008 at 8:55am
YAY! I'm glad my part tip is working for everyone!!! Yours look flawless great jobs!
alabamakim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabamakim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2008 at 9:28am
GOod JobThumbs%20Up
A setback is just a setup for a comeback!
JLTabron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JLTabron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2008 at 10:30am
Great jobClap  I think the glue part trick works best for me.  It really makes the grids. disappear.  Another great thing about using the glue is when you shampoo your lf your do not have to remove the glue in the part area unless you want to.
prettyandbrains View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prettyandbrains Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2008 at 11:41am
Griff you are the bomb!!!!!! I am ordering me a chinese virgin unit this week for sure! Thanks for the new tricks.
-There is no limit to what an active mind can achieve. Never stop thinking and discovering- Me
thicktrinibabi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thicktrinibabi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2008 at 12:33pm
wht kind of hair is that
it looks very natural
griff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2008 at 12:58pm

Hi Ladies,

I'm so glad you like the stolen ideas!  Thanks for the app compliments as well.  CG, I think this cut is the same that you have on your Holly....that was my inspiration cut anyway.  JLT, I never thought about the glue removal thing...good idea Clap.  TTB, it's a Rex Chinese light yaki.  I love it!

sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2008 at 4:59pm
beautiful griff girlie!Clap
Tea4Two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tea4Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2008 at 5:31pm

It looks so nice.  I wish the pics were larger.
One day I'll be able to get my parts looking as good.

http://public.fotki.com/Tea4Two
griff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2008 at 5:33pm
 Sorry about the tiny pics...I will reload the fotki with bigger ones.  I shrunk them so that I could paste them into the message box, but I couldn't do it!
Quadratic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quadratic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2008 at 3:12am
I love, love, love your part!
griff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2008 at 3:45pm
BUMP with all tape app instructions

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2008 at 11:59pm
Griff are those the same pics or new pics ?????
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic