Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Look What Breh Taught Me...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Qast2008 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qast2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2008 at 2:05pm
did you thin out the front of your unit and if so can you advise because honey your hair line has got it goin' on.Clap
God has already FIXED your situation, you just have to believe it
Chic-Geek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chic-Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2008 at 2:08pm
No I didn't. I wish I knew how to do that. I have a unit that needs some thinning around the front perimeter... kinda looks like helmet LOL
innovativelace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote innovativelace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2008 at 2:13pm

looks great!

How did you know what color to purchase for the foundation?
wandasoff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wandasoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2008 at 2:14pm

This is the best hairline I have seen!  So, is this a kinky straight behind your hairline cause it really does look so good, that I thought it was behind your hairline.   Please share your technique.  I just ordered me some Ada.  

LovelyLisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LovelyLisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2008 at 2:20pm
Breh!  your site is very nice.  And I love your units!

Good luck to you! I am sure you will do very well!
Chic-Geek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chic-Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2008 at 2:26pm
I'm wearing a Holly Zhang stock, Indian Remy, Body Wave, 24"... (yes, I'm rocking some length. I can grow 18", why buy it).

I apply in front of my natural hairline, with about a tiny bit of lace in tact, just in front of the baby hairs. I brush on a thin layer of OWRG, let it dry clear, then add another. Once that's dry, I place the ProFlex tapes just in front of my ears to hold down the Nexcare Coban wrap (I don't use a wig cap anymore). Then apply the unit.

The problem I had was getting a "newly applied" look to go the distance. Since I started  to tie down my hairline before each makeup application and before I wash off my makeup off, it looks MUCH better on day 3 then it ever did.

IMO, I think an important key is the makeup color, too. Ada products come in an impressive variety of flesh tones for women of color.
Chic-Geek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chic-Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2008 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by innovativelace innovativelace wrote:

looks great!

How did you know what color to purchase for the foundation?

I ordered their Medium/Dark sample pack. It came with 4 or 5 different shades. I settled on Coffee.
Breh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2008 at 2:50pm
Hey Coffee is my color too!!!
No weapon formed against me shall prosper.

www.brehshouseoflacewigs.com
email:info@brehshouseoflacewigs.
Breh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2008 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by LovelyLisa LovelyLisa wrote:

Breh!  your site is very nice.  And I love your units!

Good luck to you! I am sure you will do very well!

Thanks LisaWink
No weapon formed against me shall prosper.

www.brehshouseoflacewigs.com
email:info@brehshouseoflacewigs.
wandasoff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wandasoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2008 at 3:08pm

Stellar application!

Thanks, I will have to try the ORWG, right now I just use super tape and thats it for a hold.
Chic-Geek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chic-Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2008 at 3:13pm
Thank you! I've learned so much from the ladies on this forum that I can't take credit for nothing but making the decision to "pay attention"Wink.

Upon Breh's correction of the adhesive she recommended, I just ordered HDWA. I'm looking forward to similar success with that product.
wandasoff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wandasoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2008 at 4:02pm
What is the HDWA?  A different adhesive?  Perhaps, I should order that one? 
Chic-Geek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chic-Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2008 at 4:06pm
This is the link to the product on Hair Direct: http://www.hairdirect.com/store/Hd-White-Adhesive-2oz.aspx

There's also a 1 oz. size. HTH
wandasoff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wandasoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2008 at 4:30pm
Thank you -- I just ordered the HDW from that link.  
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2008 at 4:31pm
very pretty!!! Clap
DiorsMommy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorsMommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2008 at 6:37pm
I love it
bigmomma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmomma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2008 at 8:30pm
Breh what a beautiful site I love the units as soon as my check comes i'm coming at u, I wish u much success and may u go all the way to the top.
First There Was 2 Sets Of Footprints In The Sand, Then There Was 1 Set Of Footprints In The Sand ,When Time Gets Hard And sh*t Hits The Fan God Don't Walk With Me He Carry Me Man!(50)
kalenjin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kalenjin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2008 at 8:57pm
badhalo that app is fierce gal!
Curlygirl11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2008 at 9:34pm
That has got to be one the THE BEST hairlines I have seen in a long time. I luv the imperfections in it Thumbs%20Up

Did the hairline come from Holly like that or did you tweak it a little ?
2Cor 12:8-9
Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness".
ljdream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ljdream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2008 at 10:06pm
Absolutely WONDERFUL!!!!!!hooray
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic