Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Growing out of head/how to cut lace??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
believergrace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believergrace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Growing out of head/how to cut lace??
    Posted: May 20 2008 at 2:45pm
I am a newbie (4 days) and you can kind've see my lace in the front. 

How do I make it look like it is growing out of my head?

Do I need to cut the lace back further to make it look more real?  I can't cut the lace any further unless I cut some of the hair too.  Is it ok to cut the lace with hair attached to it in the front or is that a "no no"?

Please help me, I look crazy and i don't know what I am doing.

I like to wear my hear back and in a high ponytail and am finding it hard to do.Confused 

Edited by believergrace - May 20 2008 at 2:47pm
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2008 at 4:28pm
i cut it back to the hairline, don't cut the hair.. the knots must be bleach so that it gives the illusion of growing out of your head!
bigmomma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmomma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2008 at 8:26pm
i agree with sexi make sure those knots are bleached, also make sure ur lace color is as closes to ur skin tone as possible
First There Was 2 Sets Of Footprints In The Sand, Then There Was 1 Set Of Footprints In The Sand ,When Time Gets Hard And sh*t Hits The Fan God Don't Walk With Me He Carry Me Man!(50)
Curlygirl11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2008 at 9:38pm
Also make sure you are wearing a wig cap or something underneath that will mimic the natural color of your scalp. If you don't want to wear anything under the unit look up Breh's Part Trick in the Newbie Thread so you can mimic the appearance of scalp wherever you part your hair.
2Cor 12:8-9
Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness".
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic