Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

please help me with this updo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
thecrystlee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thecrystlee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: please help me with this updo
    Posted: May 21 2008 at 1:09am
The style I'm trying to do is here: http:///www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip3501.htm

but I dont seem to be getting the rolls right. The left roll looks like a sideways french twist, an the right one looks like a twist into a roll, but the instructions don't seem to be describing the process well. can anyone help me by showing in progress pictures or a better description of how the rolls are created.?
Thank you! :)
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2008 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by thecrystlee thecrystlee wrote:

The style I'm trying to do is here: http:///www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip3501.htm

but I dont seem to be getting the rolls right. The left roll looks like a sideways french twist, an the right one looks like a twist into a roll, but the instructions don't seem to be describing the process well. can anyone help me by showing in progress pictures or a better description of how the rolls are created.?
Thank you! :)

The left roll is indeed a French Twist except that it is flatter than a traditional French Twist because the right roll is positioned over the left one. 

Create a traditional French Twist and position it so that the pinned section faces towards the right.  Take the 2nd twist which is basically a twist designed to wrap over the French Twist and pin that so that it is positioned over the pinned section.

If you have access to a mannequin head it is a great way to practice making this style, which is definitely complicated.  If you don't have a mannequin head (available at Sally Beauty or similar beauty stores) you can practice on a doll head or a sting mop. 

Hope that helps.  If not..please post questions.
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic