Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Reason for liking short hair on women

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reason for liking short hair on women
    Posted: November 19 2002 at 8:22am
Almost everyone who encourages other to cut off their hair mentions how "easy" it is. I`m just curious -- is it more important to you to have an "easy" hairstyle than it is to look your best?

I do understand that some people really do prefer the look of short hair on women, and it`s simply a matter of taste! It would be boring if we all wore the same hairstyle.

But I`m just curious how many people cut most of their hair off because it`s simply easier or because they sincerely like the style.

Jennifer
Ingrid16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingrid16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2002 at 9:35am
Hey Jennifer! I have short hair now, and have never had it very long (my longest was just about two months ago- about 2 in. past my shoulder). The main reason that I cut mine is cuz it was fried and terribly damaged, which made it difficult to take care of. However, I like short hair on me....I like how it looks & feels & for me its also a lot easier. However, I dont think that short hair is necessarily easier; its easier to wash & condition cuz it takes a lot less time, but a lot of shorter styles, especially the newer, choppy or `shattered` styles kinda require you to spend some time styling them, or else they just look flat & uneven & kinda crummy. I like these styles, but I wouldn`t want to wear one myself. Long hair, on the other hand, looks great if you just wear it down & let it flow free. You can curl it or wear it up in a lot of different ways or just brush it out and let it hang. So, in some way long hair is easier cuz you don`t have to do as much with it for it to look great.
So, its a matter of taste and of how much effort you want to put into your hair- some people dont care that much about looking their best...you`d rather not have to worry about it. Others, myself included, worry over their hair and want it to look as good as it can all the time, even if it takes more time & effort to do it.
I do agree that other people can be obnoxious about telling you what to do with your hair.... the way you wear your hair is a pretty personal thing, and nobody should dictate that but you. I take it that people tell you to cut your hair? I`ll guess that its mostly girls with short hair that tell you to do this....maybe they`re jealous of your long hair or feel some kind of competition with you about it. Either way, dont do it unless YOU want to. I`m a short hair girl myself, but I love long hair & think it looks wonderful on some people.
It really comes down to what YOU want.
Anyway, enough ramblin`! Bye bye for now! :)
Love,
Ingrid
If I had wings then I could take you in
I'd stay on the ground and show you some things
The grass is strewn with blades of gold
all sights and sounds I have been told
all hopes, desires, seem to sing
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic