Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Can anyone suggest any proven ways for weight loss
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Can anyone suggest any proven ways for weight loss

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Aikan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aikan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can anyone suggest any proven ways for weight loss
    Posted: May 23 2008 at 4:26am

Hi everyone, I have been really obsessed with my weight problem. I am a 33 year old female and have gained 90lbs which makes the count to 210. I recently took out some of my summer clothes and they don’t fit me anymore!!! This is a real tragedy for me. How can I not wear the ones I adore...moreover the new look is getting me mad (with the comments from my friends). I know quite a few ways to start losing weight…….but I don’t really feel that, with so many people failing using these methods that I will make it through. Does anyone know a proven way to reduce the weight?

Please help me…..this is killing me!!!

MamaEryn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MamaEryn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2008 at 10:04am
Weight Watchers has always worked for me in a pinch.My doctor says it is the only proven way to lose weight and keep it off... Good Luck!
Jingo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2008 at 12:38am

Don’t be sad. It’s just a common problem and the solution is a simple one. You should not take this as a disease, but rather a challenge that you can and will over come. There are many ways to got about it…….but its just as you said…..the failures are counted more than the success. My friend was in the same situation and she was really frustrated after putting on the weight again. She finally came across a weight loss system that not only gave her a reason to smile but did the magic work that she wanted

to get done. I would advise you to give it a try….as it can be a turning point to your life.

All the best!!!
curlywurly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curlywurly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2008 at 9:18am
To be honest, i think the only proven way to loose weight is to do lots of exercise and eat smaller portions. Thats what my boyfriend did and he lost the wieght he wanted to in a year. i wouldnt waste your money on 'programmes' or wight watchers type things.

Good luck though, i know its hard work.
Work with what you've got and be grateful for it
jamaicakid85 View Drop Down
360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamaicakid85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2008 at 4:53pm
It will take a combination of things to lose a large amount of weight safely but swiftly:

1. Eat in smaller portions - if you want to boost the rate of your metabolism try going vegatarian for a month making sure to mix in foods that has complex carbohydrates, and taking a multi-vitamin daily so you are not missing anything due to going vegatarian.

2. Cardio - 40 minutes a day on a treadmill, eliptical machine, or even basketball can work wonders for your body, cardio will also supercharge your metabolism turning your body into a moving furnace.

3. Calisthenics - losing all that weight sounds real easy but it's not, you can lose all that weight but it won't make much of a difference if your frame isn't tightened up. I recommend doing light weights every other day, along with situps, crunches, and jumping jacks, I put this as the last step because the first two should be the main focus until you are at least halfway towards your weight goals.

For more information on what kind of foods to eat and healthy eating we have more detailed information on this forum! Heres the link : http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=57271

Waves(2001-Present)
curlywurly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curlywurly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2008 at 4:20am
Yeah i agree, thats a good detailed plan.  I dont think there really is anway to loose a lot of weight in any other ways if you want to do it safely, at least this way will actually work !

Let us know what you decide to do  Smile
Work with what you've got and be grateful for it
justfortoday View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justfortoday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2008 at 11:25am
i found that the atkins diet works. all that protein filled me up more for longer, but it's hard to stick too. in fact most of the diet 'fads' will work if you stick to them. but they're pretty strict so it's easy to get discouraged.

the best way is too eat smaller (heathier) portions more frequently and exercise regularly.

i've found that drinking only water and cutting all my food roughly in half is a great starting place.
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2008 at 4:49am
For me diets never worked. I found success in Overeaters Anonymous by ditching the fat between my ears. Then, my weight returned to normal. I've maintained a 90 lb weight loss for most of the last 5 yrs (except after two pregnancies, still fighting 20 lbs right now in fact).

Here are my before and after pics:

Edited by Elissa - July 29 2008 at 7:13am
[/url]

julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2008 at 5:24am
Exercise! Just starting some light low impact aerobics at 20 minutes 3 days a week and cutting back about 500 calories can make a huge difference.
I went from 127 pounds to 114 pounds by exercising alone because I love to eat,and with exercise I can pretty much eat what I want in moderation without gaining any weight.

TwinkletOes26 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TwinkletOes26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2008 at 7:33pm
yes exercise and eating less the only way ...diets are a scam to get peoples money.....try instead of a candy bar eat grapes...mmm grapes i think i have some in the fridge
alyssa libson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alyssa libson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2008 at 4:21pm
i used the red day green day diet but i forgot what its called, one day you can only have carbs and no meat, and on the other you cant have any carbs, it worked for me with exercise as well!
AndrewSymonds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndrewSymonds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2008 at 11:05pm
Go for "natural" food instead of process ones .

Natural food like :

1) Beans and grains
2) fruits
3) protein source like fish and meats
4) tofu
5) lotsa vege ( Salad without fattening dressing)
6) Nuts
7) Drinks without low sugar...

Gud Luck!!!!!!
jamaicakid85 View Drop Down
360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamaicakid85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2008 at 10:07am
Originally posted by Elissa Elissa wrote:

For me diets never worked. I found success in Overeaters Anonymous by ditching the fat between my ears. Then, my weight returned to normal. I've maintained a 90 lb weight loss for most of the last 5 yrs (except after two pregnancies, still fighting 20 lbs right now in fact).

Here are my before and after pics:

Wow the progress you have made is incredible Clap

Waves(2001-Present)
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2009 at 4:56am
thanks!   Life without excess food (and fat) is so AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't miss the junk.
[/url]

LivLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LivLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2009 at 9:10pm
GREAT NEWS!    Our all time favorite workout video is now available on VCD.  ( VCD is a CD that plays on your computer just like a DVD )

In 1990 Jane Fonda reached perfection with her 12th workout video.  It's called Lean Routine because of the funky dance steps.  Jane hired a choreographer and pro dancers.  They dance on top of a building in NYC!  Everyone loves the retro outfits.  Jane is in a black lace body stocking and a thong! 

You can find this on Ebay if you do a search for "Ebay Jane Fonda Lean Routine VCD."  It cost me about $12.00 including shipping from the Phillapines.  It's brand new in plastic wrap and works great on my laptop.

The only way I ever lose weight is riding a bike outdoors or doing the "Lean Routine." 
Lullaby77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lullaby77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2009 at 2:04am
From my personal experience you have got to change your diet and exercise. I have tried pills and programs and even when I changed my diet I have always needed to exercise even with the pills. They just gave me the energy to do it. My suggestions are just to try to do some form of cardio on most days of the week. You should strive to get in your target heart rate at least 3 days a week which is 60-80% of your maximum heart rate which is 220 minus your age and the range is 60 to 80 percent of that. On the other days just try to be more active walk more try to find activities that are active that you enjoy. Then I also strongly suggest weight training 3 days a week. Muscle burns calories at rest fat doesn't so you will really boost your metabolism if you gain some muscle. 
I lost 40lbs in a year and I haven't gained it back yet I still have issues with the diet so I am not as lean as I would like but if I can tackle that I know I can get there. Also I never stuck to going to the gym so I do all of my workouts at home there are tons of tapes I am sure you can find something that you enjoy or at least is bearable. Also there is nothing better to boost your mood than a good workout.

Good Luck!
emaw1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emaw1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2009 at 9:39am
Im the same age as you and have battled with my weight for years.....ive tried diets the lot.  I would lose weight but because I was restricting my diet so much I usually just put the weight back on...and as we all know the older you get the harder it is to lose those extra pounds!  One night sat with my other half I had my usuall conversation why am I fat? why cant I lose weight ? I havent hardly eaten today...that was true but then he pointed out I was sat moaning while eating chips and drinking wineConfused 

I joined a gym and after a week of working out and being really good with food nothing happened and I was not happy, again my better half explained it didnt take a week to put the weight on and it wont take a week to get it off!!! I stuck with it and just said to myself im not going to let this take over, the constant weighing myself when I got up , before I went to bed !!! I dont restrict my food, but I find now I dont want fast food, or pizzas.  I spin 3 times a week and go for a run once a week that means I can still have my wine and chips!!! Its not easy and I dont always want to go to the gym or a walk or a jog....but I dont want to be fat again either....I have managed to keep my weight stable for a year now and I dont stress if I put a few pounds on either !!!

I have spent a fortune on books, diets etc and the only thing that really works is eating better, smaller portions, its ok to leave some food on your plate! and a little exercise during the week.  Its a boring answer that takes time but worth the results.  I really hope this helps and good luck!

neonpatrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neonpatrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2011 at 4:35pm
Following are some of the ways that helps you in losing weight:
1 Avoid eating oily food
2 Drink lots of water
3 Start doing exercise
4 Do Yoga and meditation
5 Drink green tea or ginger tea which ever you like both helps in losing weight
6 Take a balanced diet.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic