Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I want to tell him I'm bald soooo,,bad

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
alabamakim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabamakim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I want to tell him I'm bald soooo,,bad
    Posted: May 23 2008 at 11:22am
He gets on my nerves so bad sometimes,, forever talking about ''keep this horse hair off the floor''beatdeadhorse. I  sweep and clean and cleannnn. But he always seem to find hair somewhere. We've been living together for one year now, and I still haven't gotten the nerve to tell him about my alopecia issues.He knows I wear LF,''that China Hair'' is what he calls itUnhappy. But I still haven't told him the real reason, why I'm always locking myself in the bathroom doing my hair or have a head scarf on doing those in-between application days. But he is just so irritating sometimes, saying stuff like"stop wasting your money on all that hair'' wear your own hair sometimes'' '' this hair is all over the bathroom floor'' '' my mom and sister don't wear fake hair''.
I tell you ladies, i'm really about to go the f#ck off and say
Angrylook ni##er, this is the f#ck why I wear and spend MY MONEY on this beautiful hair, take a good lookmrclean, yeh thats right a##hole, and if you can't except me for me , you can steppeacepeace. And for the record if yo'moma and ya boring sister,don't want to enhance themselves and their looks, then thats their pitiful business,,, biotch,,,hellsangel
A setback is just a setup for a comeback!
kalenjin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kalenjin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2008 at 11:46am
Tongue
Originally posted by alabamakim alabamakim wrote:

'keep this horse hair off the floor''beatdeadhorse. Ihellsangel

kick his ass...then tell him ...its been a year, he can make himself useful and help with the applications and washing
fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2008 at 12:02pm
LOLCry
OK, I'm sorry, I don't mean to laugh, but you do have a way of putting things! haha. I think you should tell him. Because, honestly, I think he would be more understanding if he knew WHY you wore them.

I do think guys are kind of conditioned to dislike 'fake hair.' They just don't understand. Mine laughs with me about it, but he doesn't really want to hear any 'details' about how I put it in or how I take it off! LOL
Love clip-ins and tape!
angierene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angierene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2008 at 12:13pm
Oh my!
I understand, I get the comments about the GD hair all over the FK place, etc. etc. but before lf I wore weaves or tracks in some way. Im contemplating shaving my head so he'll understand me wearing them, right now he's just full of sarcasm.

I say dont tell him nothing, but let him know if the hair is a GD problem, to get off his a$$ and sweep to his suffice. Then if he doesnt want to, I'd go with the aforementioned plan!
There may be a LOT to think about but NOTHING to worry about!
phillycutee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phillycutee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2008 at 2:13pm
Guurl i know you are HOOTT!! I would be too. these men just dont understand, and especially in your situation things can be more complicated. I really cant even offer any advise becuase I know thats a hard decision to make.
Let me tell you this though, my man is the opposite. He knows all about the hair and it doesnt bother him till I want to wear MY OWN HAIR. Yes, mine complains when I dont have the wig on! He wont say it out right, but lateley i have been taking a break just wearing my own hair. Do you know this man asked me when me new Holly was coming in? i looked at him and said WHY??!! With my face screwed up. It may not have bothered me, but when we were at dinner the other night he said"Dont you miss your WIGS?" I'm like, NO, but apparently you do!!furious So now negro thats two seperate ocassions where you have made refrence to me needing my wig. and further more Stop referring to it as a WIG and DONT be talking about it in public!!  Next thing I know he'll be making special requests for certain units. And ladies I cant lie, I do think I'm an attractive woman but with my LW I feel like Im a superstar. Yall know what I'm talkin bout.
I say all this to say these men gonna have a problem either way.
Hello, my name is Tiffany and i am a CHRONIC OVERDRESSER!
alabamakim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabamakim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2008 at 2:35pm

phillycutee, you are so right about these men.bash

They don't be complaining when Beyonce, and them other video hoochies
be slanging their mane all over the placemadonna
A setback is just a setup for a comeback!
phillycutee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phillycutee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2008 at 3:01pm
guurl dont get me started please. when i have my unit on i think I AM beyonce. lollolabove
Hello, my name is Tiffany and i am a CHRONIC OVERDRESSER!
Shonita24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shonita24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2008 at 3:51pm
My ex told me last night, when am I going to see your real hair again.....I told him when I am ready!  I told him when I 1st started wearing these wigs that I need to get my own hair healthy again because I damaged it by wearing a high ponytail for too long and it thinned out my hair.  Sometimes he just make me want to say, "you ignorant so-in-so, shut up and deal with it, that's why we aint together anymore anyway" LOL
"When someone shows you who they are, believe them"
Gin&tonic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gin&tonic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2008 at 7:59pm
Wow I am so sorry that you have to go through this stuff. I don't have hair on the floor. I did when I wore weaves. Do you seal the knots?

I don't get a negative or complaining peep about my hair from my new man and my ex-husband never complained either. I would be so upset  and uncomfortable if a man called my hair "horse hair". Maybe they don't talk about my hair as if it is not a part of me because I don't.

I say seal your knots real good, vacum more often and keep your business to yourself. Just keep on swinging your hair and looking hot. Shut that bro down when he tries to tell you how to wear your hair. It's your business -not his.
Ahminah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ahminah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2008 at 2:13am
You all are too FUNNY LOL!!! But on a serious note Kim...I would just simply remind him that "this horse hair pulled your simple a#$, so obviously there is something to it!"

One of my OLD OLD exes resurfaced a few months back before I started wearing a LF. He stopped by at 4 am (long story), so of course I did not have time to put on my regular wig which was a 22 inch spanish curl I always wore pulled back allowing my natural hair line to show. I had to pop on a cute shoulder length blonde straight wig. He had the nerve to ask me where was my other hair! I was like boy please! I haven't seen you in 4 years lol, so I really don't give a damn. Then he had the nerve to say he perfers my other wig to the blonde one. So I can relate Philly, because when we were together I never let him see me without my hair and we were together for 8 yrs. It wasn't until after we had a baby that he found out it was not mine. I would get my hair done and he would tell me to "get your old hair back."
The grass is never greener on the other side, there is just more manure underneath.
docpam69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote docpam69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2008 at 9:34am
I think if you've been living together for a year you should be able to sit him down and explain why. I also have alopecia - not completely but my front is very thin started at age 20 I'm 38 now. I wore my natural hair for a long time (used toppek, convre, etc to make it look thicker), thought about hair replacment surgery and now that I have Lacefronts - my Husband loves them. He even helps with my applications.
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2008 at 4:45pm

that's terrible i don't have those problems, but maybe it is time for you to tell him about your alopecia and not the way you said you wanted to tell him.. but maybe you need to find out if he can be understanding for your situation.. if not, then kick his azz to the curb, b/c if he can't understand then he needs to go!

Curlygirl11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2008 at 10:04pm
You're boyfriend's comments sound kinda insensitive. But in all fairness to him maybe he's so vocal about weaves cuz he's not hung up on long hair like a lot of guys are. You know a lot of men aren't the the best when it comes to communicating their emotions so maybe this is his feeble attempt to express to you that he would still love you without all the luscious hair. He is, however, shooting himself in the foot with comments about what his mom and his sister do or don't do cuz that would just pis me off and make me cop an attitude.

I'm sure he has no idea about your condition or else he wouldn't be so harsh with the criticisms about your hair shedding. Don't tell him during an argument or while things are tense. If I were you I would tell him during a time when things are going well and he's being more sensitive and affectionate. I would explain to him that this is why he's never seen your natural hair. If he can't understand that and show some sympathy then he's a heartless bastard and you should dump him cuz that would only be a sign of worse things to come.

Good luck to you. If he's a good guy he'll understand and probably feel bad about all the grief he gave you before.

Edited by Curlygirl11 - May 24 2008 at 10:06pm
2Cor 12:8-9
Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness".
Miss Lace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss Lace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2008 at 9:33am

I agree with Sexi, tell him. He loves you so he will understand it. Than he will leave you alone. Now he don“t understand what you are doing and why you are lock yourself up. Please tell him soon. You will have rest too. Maybe if he understand why you spend so much money he will buy you lf tooWink

ragcajun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragcajun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2008 at 12:43pm
I am so sorry to hear about your man.  I am blessed about my husband!

My hair was shoulder lenght and he thought I was wearing a weave when we met.  But as I became ill again and began to lose my hair, I had to wear weaves he was supportive.

Now my hair is growing back after a major fall out from the beginning of the year!  The back of my head is going bald and now I am growing it back SLOWLY!!!

My husband is okay with me wearing a LFW so I am searching for one.  But even if he hated the idea of me wearing one, I wouldn't care. It's my head and my money..I wil wear what I want to.. SmileSmile

GAKKIE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAKKIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2008 at 12:34am

Hello ladies I felt like a babybabygirl when I first started reading this site, but thankGod I did.I would tell him to ease your stress. It's like trying to hide a bank account from your man and the "statements" come in the mail @ your house.  Man...you guys need to get together and hold a LFW seminar/convention!!! I'd be the first there. Toplace have them frequetley and get a good turn out with it's forum members from all over the world. It would  nice to put the face to the name that has helped sooooooo many. Im just a newbie so correct me if it's already been done.

Edited by GAKKIE - May 26 2008 at 12:40am
LovelyLisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LovelyLisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2008 at 8:25am

I am really sorry about how he is actin! I would be upset too!  Show him why you wear LF's and if he does not understand, then he was not meant for you!

I showed my man and he said my hair does not make me and he loves me for me!  It made me feel so good.

I have had my shedding moments and he just smiles and cleans it up for me! 

And tell him to stop comparing you with his Mom and Sister. What kind of BS is that!

He gotta go...Or get his sh*t right!  His words are so hurtful! It's not right at all!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic