Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

broken hair.........

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
~*ChRySaNtHeMuM*~ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~*ChRySaNtHeMuM*~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: broken hair.........
    Posted: November 22 2002 at 6:45pm
i have been visiting this place for 3 years as *tabbie* and no one`s suggestions have helped: my hair is broken off all over kinda fuzzy and the like. sooooo it is 2 in. below my shoulders i`ve tried hot oil deep conditioners and all that trimming but it doesn`t seem to help. i take very good care of my hair. am i cursed????????

p.s. anybody have a few good tips for horribly tangly hair??
<>< JESUS IS MY SAVIOR ><>
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2002 at 10:35pm
Are the individual hairs actually broken, or is the hair just all kind of different lengths? The former is damaged hair, and the latter is simply uneven hair.

From the little information you`ve given, it sounds perhaps like you simply have some frizzy hair. Have you tried both a rinse-out conditioner AND a leave-in conditioner?

Oh, for tangly hair, the very best conditioner I`ve ever found is Infusium23 for dry hair. A couple of times when I wore waist-length extensions and got my hair extraordinarily tangled, I took a shower, washed the hair and then applied the Infusium23. And I was shocked that it smoothed the hair and took out the tangles! Part of the trick, also, is to comb the hair WITH the conditioner still in it while you`re in the shower. Just be very gentle, though, because wet hair is very vulnerable.

Jennifer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~*ChRySaNtHeMuM*~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2002 at 4:59pm
thanks..... please get off of the "little info." kick your on.
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2002 at 8:48pm
No "kicks" here! But the more information you give, the better someone can help you. If you tell a doctor that you have a stomache ache, well, it could be a bit of indigestion or it could be cancer! That`s why details can help define a problem. It`s kind of like a post asking, "Should I cut my hair?" Well, definitely yes for some people and definitely no for others. It`s impossible to tell without more information.

Just a thought, but perhaps that`s why you felt you weren`t being helped over the past three years.

Take care,

Jennifer
karonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2002 at 9:17pm
Jennifer`s right. I love Infusium 23 Leave-in. I have ethnic hair and it really helps me to glide through those tangles.

As for the broken ends.... This may sound silly....but don`t cut it anymore. I was getting trims every 8 weeks only to discover more split ends, or so my stylist said. My hair is better off and has been stretching since I gave up trims. That`s just my thing. Others will tell you to trim it. You know yourself when you want a trim, so I`ll leave that one alone.

If it is bothering you that much, honestly, just get rid of it. Not to sound mean or nothing, but short styles are becoming the style during this time. Short styles are also versatile. You can get tracks (weave) sewn in your hair if you ever get tired of having short hair.

Do you use a lot of heat in your hair? That could aslo be a factor.
Natural since Nov 6, 2004
Ingrid16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingrid16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2002 at 11:15pm
Hey! I have curly hair that tends to get really tangly; my secret weapon is Paul Mitchell`s The Detangler. Its a little pricey at most places, but it has worked wonders for me. That`ll help you with the tangling at least. As for the breakage....hmmm that`s tough. Maybe laying off some of the products and go with a simpler routine...or look into exactly what is in the products you`ve been using. I know very little about chemistry (I`m getting a D in it right now!), but I do know that sometimes certain ingredients that are used in products can hurt one person`s hair while doing wonders for another`s- it all depends.
Wish I could help ya more, Crysanthemum! Good luck to ya!

Lotsa Love,
Ingrid :) ><>
If I had wings then I could take you in
I'd stay on the ground and show you some things
The grass is strewn with blades of gold
all sights and sounds I have been told
all hopes, desires, seem to sing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~*ChRySaNtHeMuM*~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2002 at 4:11pm
thank you ingrid!!! =)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic