Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

TLHC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TLHC
    Posted: May 28 2008 at 1:58pm
I used to occasionally browse their board, viewing the albums and reading some of the Blogs there. Then the site suddenly went off line without warning for months. When it came back, new rules were in place. Members with less than 25 posts couldn't view photo albums or Blogs. (Why not? Aren't we living in a free society?). I more or less forgot about the site until a few days ago when I decided to make the minimum 25 post commitment. What could I say? I'm not a hair expert. I simply spent some time commenting on off topic threads like movies, songs, pets, etc. Occasionally I praised someone. Over 2 days, I posted the 25 comments. Immediately my rights returned and I could view everything--for about 5 minutes! Suddenly all my rights were blocked and when I checked my messages (there were 5), the moderators were accusing me of being a spammer! Most absurdly of all, I was also accused of being a member of the Ku Klux Klan! Apparently in those sections of the member profile that nobody wants to bother filling in, I'd just punched kkk on the keyboard without any thought (small letters mind!). So now I was a spammer AND a Ku Klux Klanner!

As far as I know, I am still a member though all my posts except 13 were canceled. More importantly, it looks like they're playing a silly game because I can still log in, but everything is super slow or doesn't work at all. On the other hand, if I log in without cookies (as a guest) I have no problems. Is this supposed to be some kind of subtle, Chinese torture appropriate for a Ku Klux Klanner? I sent them the following letter--though naturally got no reply.

Dear tlhc,

When I log in to your site I have discovered that I always get a "the server is busy" message". On the other hand, if I enter as a guest I have no problem. My conclusion is that you have effectively restricted my entrance. I don't understand why you would do this while keeping my account apparently active. Furthermore, I don't believe 25 inoffensive posts is really anything to apologize for, except perhaps to the hyper-sensitive. Please remember that even these posts were only made due to your recent change of rules. As I was given access to the site for a short time after these 25 posts, before being blocked, I assume you then restricted my account without informing me...

I am glad our society is not run in the same way that you run your hair board.

Fatmoogas.

Are these people just plain crazy? Or am I the crazy one for wanting to read stuff on their board in the first place?

fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2008 at 10:26pm
Well, I finally got an answer from TLHC. I print it and my reply below--and as far as I'm concerned that is the end of the matter.

Dear Fatmoogas,
It would seem, from your posting of this past week, that you are the King of One-Liners and incapable of stringing together more than five or six one-syllable words. I see from your emails, however, that this is decidedly not the case. In your two recent emails, you insist that we should trust you, that your motives are pure, you've done nothing nefarious, etc, but there is a dichotomy going on between your posting-style and your email-style that we cannot reconcile and it does not instill confidence in us. That is: you post ridiculously short, inane comments which, despite your assertions to the contrary, DO come across as offensive and rude, but in your emails you are all sweetness and sunshine...

Having said all that, I am winding up to tell you the hard truth: We suspect you have come to LHC only to view and harvest photos from our site, and since we are not the sort of site that condones such activity, your membership will be revoked immediately and you will find a "ban" under your username within the hour. Perhaps you would find better luck at sites like kinky forums and other stroker-sites. Thanks for your time.

Dear ????

It is interesting that you move from saying I am "suspected" of something to then giving a kangaroo court judgment of my "guilt" (whatever I'm supposed to be guilty of!). For making a few posts in order to satisfy your rather ridiculous new rule, I have been called A Ku Klux Klanner, a spammer and a perverse hoarder of photos. Believe me, I no longer wish to have anything more to do with your site. If it was worth pursuing, I might even sue you for libel over the KKK slur. Or would it be better to go to litigation over your comment that because I sometimes found it interesting to read one or two of your rather literate bloggers, I was really wanting to "harvest photos" from your site? And what will you do in return? Say that I made several posts such as: "Ben Hur is the best film I've ever seen"?

Anyway, we know this is fantasy. It's not worth the effort. In the end, it's your site and you're welcome to it.

Fatmoogas.

Edited by fatmoogas - May 29 2008 at 10:29pm
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2008 at 3:47pm
     Fat, they did you a favor, believe me. I'll reply to you personally when I get a chance. Blessings, BobSmile
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2008 at 5:20pm
I believe you Bob. I'll look forward to your reply.
enfys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enfys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2008 at 2:38pm
I didn't get on with that site too well.  I don't know how many posts I made but I never got to view anything other than the main pages.  It annoyed me and I came back here again.  Moderating is important, but over-moderating is off putting.  Also the staff there have an unusual way of handling people it seems.
http://www.myspace.com/waltzin_with_the_open_sea
Ah-ha, a place I can soon add hair pics...once I do some
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2008 at 3:32pm
     In short, enfys, it's tough for a straight guy with short hair to exist there for long. You are a suspect! Some people have issues, and look for buzzwords to confirm that you are objectifying women. I still consider LHC a terrific site, however. Blessings, Bob Smile
Sunsailing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunsailing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2008 at 6:49am
Fatmoogas,

Don't feel badly. Taking a look at your over 2400 post count here shows what kind of judgement they have over on that other site.

The original LHC site was VERY different. It was begun by different people who own it now. (The current owner basically stole the URL....long story).
The LHC tried to become a "one stop" forum....something for everyone. It got way too big for it's own good. Most of the original members who made the LHC what it was are gone now. And newer members don't know any better.

The moderators are worse than you think. They have a separate private forum where they talk about the "members".  Talk about extreme paranoia... there is distrust of new and old members. They read into every little word that someone types. I feel badly for all the ignorant members there who don't know that they're being talked about, commented on, and made fun of by some of those moderators.

The original site for long hair was the Long Hair Lovers site. That owner did something publicly that developed the distrust of members. Over on the LHC, the members are just ignorant of what the owner/moderators do behind the scenes.

Believe me, you don't want to be over on the LHC site.

I'm not on this site much, but it is professionally run. The Hair Boutique is a trustworthy site.

(Send me a PM if you want to discuss this further.)
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2008 at 3:28pm
     So true, Sunsailing. Today's LHC site is 180 degrees out of phase with their old, relaxed attitude. The old moderators, even the site's owner, were comfortable with the reality that some men have a passionate appreciation for women with long hair. Even those with short hair themselves! (lol) About a dozen or so members poisoned the well, and some others became convinced by them.
     Now, obviously there exist creeps and trolls everywhere. But, these jerks show their true colors quickly. Frankly, it's a rare moment when I wish that I still was a member, usually DURING personal discussions. As you stated, SS, I've LONG suspected that plenty of catty banter goes on between the mods. I believe that a lot of great members have fallen by the wayside thanks to heavy-handed treatment. But honestly, I wish them and their site well. It accomplishes much, IMO. Blessings, Bob Smile
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2008 at 4:53pm
Life is too short to put up with such treatment. What Sunsailing says is certainly enlightening.
dianefromcanada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2008 at 4:10pm
Hello,

ah......... at times we can be so worked up about a web site.  I was banned at one because I claimed that short hair was also sexy and at the time I had longhair.  I was accused of being a man just because I never felt comfortable in sharing my picture.  
At the time it really hurt and finally I did get my justice the website went offline lately and I am still around. lol lol  Celebrating. 

I happen to cross a thread between my son and some girl and this girl was calling him all kinds of names saying he should avoid takling to her girlfriend.  Meanwhile the only reason he does talk to the other girl is becasue they come from the same school and have the same last name and been talking since October.  All of sudden her girlfriend decided to be a nasty person etc.
Man was he hurt and it reminded me of all the cruel people that went after me at the time for standing up for my beliefs. 
I reminded the girl that employers do look at that perculiar website before interviewing candidate to see how they believe on the internet.

The important part is at the end of your day it is your friends that you see at parties, going for movies or hanging out with you that is important. Everyone else on the internet you might or probably will never meet.

Edited by dianefromcanada - June 28 2008 at 4:12pm
dianefromcanada
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2008 at 2:55pm
     Right, Diane, you can't take these internet insults personally. I, too, have reasons for not showing a photo. With four DD's, I can't afford frills! One time I was accused of being a haircut-loving  troll by someone on another site. I wonder what this woman would have thought about me a while back when I replied to a young lady that I thought it would be a GOOD idea if she went back to her pixie? Talk about a re-confirmation! You see, even though I prefer long hair almost always, there are exceptions. In the case of my friend, my opinion pushed her over the edge in her decision. She figured that if even Bob liked her  hair short... (lol) I'm too old to worry where the chips may fall anymore. Confused Blessings, Bob
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2008 at 10:35pm
You are right Bob, there are always exceptions. Personally I regarded myself as a long hair lover when I arrived on this site. However, comparing myself to REAL long hair lovers like yourself and Kramer, I see that my attitude is more ambiguous than I thought. Yes, I admire long hair, but appreciate a short cut as a change too. Furthermore--and as I've stated before--I find super long hair beyond the waist unappealing.
harpgal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harpgal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2008 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by Sunsailing Sunsailing wrote:

The moderators are worse than you think. They have a separate private forum where they talk about the "members".  Talk about extreme paranoia... there is distrust of new and old members. They read into every little word that someone types. I feel badly for all the ignorant members there who don't know that they're being talked about, commented on, and made fun of by some of those moderators.

Sunsailing, I am a moderator over at the LHC.  I am shocked at what you are saying.  You, of all people should know how things really are and how hard all of us work to provide the very best environment we can for everybody.  I can not remember a time when anyone was treated unfairly or unkindly.
The Joy is in the Journey
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2008 at 3:25pm
     Hello Harpgal! Big%20smile As I stated, I consider LHC a great site. But, I have agreed with Susailing's POV for many years. LHC was an offshoot of longhairlovers, of course, and to a lesser extent, Frank's TLHS. *Never* in the early days was at LHC was a man made to feel voyeuristic or creepy simply by viewing or commenting on the site. Every straight guy digs *something*, or many things, about women in general. Yes, a strong passion for a woman's long hair is somewhat unusual, but it's anything but dangerous.
     Some women, including a few mods at LHC, view men who are enjoying the same thing that they do (long hair) as bizarre and cretinous. Now, every time a guy with short hair rears his head, it is quickly bitten off. It didn't take me long to find an example. Some new guy asked when members became interested in long hair. One mod quickly challenged his interest, while another member said she felt like an animal in a zoo. Sorry, that's just wrong! Now the guy has left!
     Can you imagine a woman commenting on a predominantly male site, and promptly receiving the third degree? Of course not. IMO, real cads quickly show their true colors on internet sites. I hope that one day, in fairness to prospective male members, the site will include a warning: "Hetero men with short hair are unwelcome."  It's perfectly fine for any website to cocoon itself, but be upfront about it. Blessings, Bob Smile

P.S. I hope that you and all the others at LHC are well. This is not personal with me. I know that many real rodents abound, and that many women are dealing with terribly hurtful sexual issues. Again, it's nice to hear from you, Harpgal. Bob

Edited by Bob S - August 19 2008 at 3:28pm
Sunsailing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunsailing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2008 at 12:56pm
"Sunsailing, I am a moderator over at the LHC.  I am shocked at what you are saying.  "

I stand by everything I wrote.
 And you are correct, I do know.

Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2009 at 1:50pm
     Some poor soul who called himself Vaylemar was turned into a punching bag at LHC for daring to ask for advice about trying to re-inspire his wife to enjoy long hair. It was sad, and the thread was locked yesterday. Things surely have changed since the inception of that site. You can pound away at members with impunity if they happen to be short-haired males. It's really only a small percentage who gang up against guys, but it's enough. The site's name should be changed to PCLHC in light of its tolerance of hostility. I feel badly for the really good people there, including several mods, who form a majority of the membership. Dead Bob

Edited by Bob S - March 15 2009 at 1:52pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic