Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

henna

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
30isthenewblack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 30isthenewblack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2008 at 3:44pm
Love the hair and the costumes! I thought about using henna myself but the only that stopped me is that a lot of people have said that henna takes the curl out of the hair and I'm quite happy with my spirals!
www.30isthenewblack.com
mrsnj20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrsnj20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2008 at 9:10pm
Thanks! I Dont know if it takes curl out or not since I dont have any. I wish I had curly hair!
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2008 at 11:49am
Sarah's hair is still pretty and curly, maybe that's the henna with metals in it that messes up curls?

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 30isthenewblack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2008 at 3:45pm
I'm not sure actually so maybe I shouldn't make blanket statements like that haha. I've heard it in passing on a few forums but it's not a huge interest to me so I haven't read deeply into the subject. My hair is a lot curlier than Sarah's and for me personally, I am quite happy with the way my hair is looking and would not upset the status quo by putting henna in my hair. Having said that though, I do have chemical hair colour in my hair but it does not upset the curl formation.
www.30isthenewblack.com
hairbraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2008 at 2:47pm
From what I've read on naturallycurly.com's forum, it affects some people's hair and not others (just like every product).  I have noticed a bit of difference in my curls.  It doesn't seem less curly, just not clumping together as well.  I'm assuming it's a result of the henna because it started around that time.  Although, sometimes it does that because of the weather.  I was told that deep conditioning treatments would take care of any loss of curliness.  I haven't had time to do one in a long time though, so I can't confirm that.  I was also told to add oil to the henna mixture.  I was thinking of doing that next time.

eta: It could be long-term results from using a new conditioner.  I haven't completely decided yet. Confused

Edited by hairbraider - October 01 2008 at 2:51pm
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
click here to go to My Hair Space

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 30isthenewblack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2008 at 3:28pm
It might just take a while to settle down. I think whenever you do something new to your hair, your hair has to readjust and you may have to change your routine slightly. There are so many different variations of henna, everyone is bound to have different experiences. I think if people were going to try it on their hair, they should do a strand test exactly what you did Smile
www.30isthenewblack.com
hairbraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2008 at 9:54am
I finally was able to do a good deep conditioning treatment with olive oil and molasses a few days ago.  This is the first time I've had a chance to do it after using henna.  My hair feels and looks soooooo much better now.  I even got great curls on the second day!  It looked so good I wore my hair down to work 2 days in a row! lol

The color has grown out alot and faded alot.  I touched up the roots once, but it's grown out another inch since then.  It's a good thing it blends well because I'm too lazy and too busy to touch up often.  I'm planning to do another whole application next time.  And I for sure will do a DT as soon as possible afterwards.
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
click here to go to My Hair Space

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 30isthenewblack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2008 at 2:25pm

I'm glad you feel better about your hair. I always feel better about my hair colour a few months after the fact lol. I just do the roots of my hair every six months but I'm lucky as you can't see the regrowth. I don't think I have ever managed second day hair Wink

www.30isthenewblack.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic