Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

MINOVAL hair growth treatment

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BayStateBetty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BayStateBetty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MINOVAL hair growth treatment
    Posted: June 01 2008 at 10:55pm

Hey how all you ladies doing today? I had a question about Minoval. But 1st im gunna give a lil background history on my tresses. I'm fairly young (under 20) and in my teenage years i have had trouble with my hair. After a few perming sessions my hair will begin to break. usually this ouccurs on the back of my head in a large spot and spreads. I then grow it out under a weave or braids. but then i perm and the vicious cycle begins again. I attribute some of this to harsh perm. The salon's formula is unknon and  is far too harsh and i often forget to bring my own. my hair is very thick and rough though it is wavy at the root like my mom. but like my paternal grandma it is prone to breakage.  i have been wearing a weave for almost a year and a half and this summer i am wearing cornrows with extensions. my hair is alsmost all new growth and un relaxed except for the middle front which i used to cover the eave. this area and the sides are prone to thinning and breaking because of their exposure to perm.

to make a long story short... a friend with beitiful long hair told me about Minoval. she said she just greases her scalp with it and her hair jus grows and grows. so i went to a local shop and the lady conquered that yes, it grows hair. she just mixes the bottle of drops  with the grease it comes with and greases her scalp. though the instructions say to use 2 drops a day on the affected area, i just mixed 3 fourths of the bottle into the grease and grease my scalp with it. though most of my hair is thick, healthy new gowth. i hope this will make my hair grow longer so i can relax it (w/ Botanicals because it is mild and i love it) this september. has anyone had any experience with this and is it relative to my situation???

Thanks sooo much!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic