Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Can you dye asian remy hair?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Twinklesxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twinklesxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can you dye asian remy hair?
    Posted: June 02 2008 at 11:57am
As it's been through a long process of bleaching and colouring before it gets to you - is it safe to then re-colour once it arrives? Or will it seriously damage the hair and the life span?
amazon1147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amazon1147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2008 at 12:25pm

Yes u can dye any of the hair. I wear CVRs and I dye them all the time. If the hair is virgin than it probably has not had any process done to it and u can definitely dye it.

Here is the link to my fotki with a chinese virgin remy that I dyed several times - the hair is now matted, etc becuase I ruined it, it was my fault not the vendors. I must of dyed that wig AT LEAST 7x. I was constantly tweaking the color.

pwd: RUINED

If you take good care of your units, rotate units and seal the knots, dying the hair wont decrease the life span of your unit.  I wore the wig above constantly without rotating for a very long time.

Edited by amazon1147 - June 02 2008 at 12:27pm
Curlygirl11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2008 at 9:26pm

Ditto on what Amazon said. I have a CR light yaki that I've dyed twice. It's still in great condition and doesn't tangle or anything but I don't want to push it by processing it  any further.

I've also found that when my units get older and start to tangle (whether they've been dyed or not) they respond well to things that affect the porosity of the hair such as Nearly Natural and Brandywine Wig Detangler which are both specifically made to prolong the life of hair systems.
2Cor 12:8-9
Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness".
Lequia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lequia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2008 at 11:26pm

Curlygirl11...What products do you use of nearly natural and brandywine wig detangler when your units are starting to tangle??

Curlygirl11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2008 at 12:49am
Originally posted by Lequia Lequia wrote:

Curlygirl11...What products do you use of nearly natural and brandywine wig detangler when your units are starting to tangle??

I spray this on right after I shampoo then add conditioner : http://www.hairdirect.com/store/Nearly-Natural-Softening-Solution-4oz.aspx

I also use this leave-in porosity equalizer if it starts to tangle in the nape towards the end of the week: http://www.hairdirect.com/store/Brandywine-Wig-Detangler-8oz.aspx
2Cor 12:8-9
Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness".
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic