Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dark hair, 10 volume?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
VDiScuil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VDiScuil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dark hair, 10 volume?
    Posted: June 10 2008 at 6:58pm
I have very dark hair (about a 9) and I've had it dyed to almost the same color now as my natural color. Unfortunately, I still have some really light highlights I want to get rid of.

A problem I've always had is walking out of the salon/my bathroom with orange roots. I've narrowed it down to the volume of the developer.

I would like to add lowlights to my hair just to get rid of some of the lighter areas, but I don't want my roots to turn orange. Also, I can't use "dark brown" dye because 1) it always turns out black and 2) my hair is very porous. I've already used a light brown that comes out dark brown that works wonders, but I have a feeling it wouldn't be dark enough to cover up orange oops areas that always come with "box dye" 30 volume developer.

So, do I use a 10 volume developer? Will it lift my natural color at all? Honestly - AT ALL. All I want to do is deposit, not lift ANY color, but I want it to be permanent.
lovetocolor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovetocolor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2008 at 5:14pm
use a blue based brown to counteract the orange.
happy coloring
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic