Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My Hair Story *Now with Picture!!*

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Lengthygoal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lengthygoal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2008 at 9:05am
Yeah. Sorry it seemed like the best word to describe what my hair ends up looking like. I don't use any heat styling when I put it up but I like to wear my hair down when I can.
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2008 at 8:02am
I don't know what you mean by crinkles.  You mean bumps that show up when you de-poof your hair by adding gel products/ leave-in conditioners that weren't there when it was poofy from blow drying?

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lengthygoal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2008 at 8:57am
I can get my hair straight if I blow dry but then it tends to be poofy and if I add anything to de-poof I end up with crinkles.
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2008 at 8:50am
Welcome!  I'm going to stay away from the lol topic. 

Blow drying your hair isn't bad for it as long as you use the cool setting, but straightening with heat is damaging.  If your hair isn't really wavy or curly, you may have luck just blow drying it while combing it straight (on the cool setting).  Another method is to wrap your hair around something really large and let it dry that way, such as a big juice can (I know curly girls who used to use this method in high school - but frankly, it sounds too uncomfortable!).

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lengthygoal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2008 at 6:58am

Once around 5 or 6 years ago I had hair so long that I could sit on it. I was 12 years old living with my Grandma and Mom and wasn't allowed to cut my hair short. I turned 13 started middle school and wanted to cut it to my shoulders. Many years and hairstyles later I'm growing it back out and wishing I had never cut it. I have extremely thick hair that is currently about halfway down my back. My goal is knee length hair. After it reaches my knees I plan to donate a good portion of it to Locks of Love. I figure that if I grow it to my knees and then donate about 10-12 inches I can still have lovely waist length hair.

I just wanted to share my story and gather some advice on long hair styles, care and anything else anyone has to offer. I would really like some tips on wearing my hair up since I just got hired as a waitress and I'm required to wear my hair up. Thanks for sharing and reading!

My First picture of my hair!!! Tell me what you think. I've now realized that my hair is the same color as Cousin It from the Adam's Family!!

Edited by Lengthygoal - August 13 2008 at 8:33pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic