Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A ? about STYLING a wavy unit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tea4Two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tea4Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A ? about STYLING a wavy unit
    Posted: June 24 2008 at 1:30pm

I bought a unit identical to the one in this link. I am only posting this link because it shows the hair from all angles. 

I have read posts about styling your unit, but I have never cut or styled anything.  I pretty much wear it just like in the link. So my question is, for a unit like the one in the photo, what kind of "style" can this be cut into or should it just be worn "as is."  I am ordering a straight unit that I will have cut and styled, but my question here is just about any particular style for a "wavy" unit.

Please forgive me if I sound Clueless, but when it comes to styles, I really am. 

http://public.fotki.com/Tea4Two
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2008 at 4:11pm
i wish i could be of help but i honeslty like those kinds of units just like they are! they are beautiful that way.. i can't imagine putting scissors to it..

Curlygirl11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2008 at 9:06pm
I think I would wear it as is also. I would only entertain cutting layers into that unit if I planned to wear it straight or if I planned to wet set it. If I didn't  plan on straightening it then I would leave it alone. It's gorgeous.
2Cor 12:8-9
Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness".
Tea4Two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tea4Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2008 at 10:30pm

Yeah, that's exactly how I feel.  I like the wavy units "as is" too.

Thanx Ladies for your input!

Lrigyttiw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lrigyttiw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2008 at 11:22am
Originally posted by Tea4Two Tea4Two wrote:

I bought a unit identical to the one in this link. I am only posting this link because it shows the hair from all angles. 

I have read posts about styling your unit, but I have never cut or styled anything.  I pretty much wear it just like in the link. So my question is, for a unit like the one in the photo, what kind of "style" can this be cut into or should it just be worn "as is."  I am ordering a straight unit that I will have cut and styled, but my question here is just about any particular style for a "wavy" unit.

Please forgive me if I sound Clueless, but when it comes to styles, I really am. 

I have that exact unit from CLW. I received it on May 29th. I absolutely love her. She's spoiled me for Virgin Indian Remy from now on. I love her so much that I'm thinking about getting the exact same one again in case I wear it out.
In ref to your question, I wear her "as is". I've rinsed her with a honey brown rinse so you can see the light color in the sun. If I want more of a wave, I spray the hair damp, then braid the hair in two pigtails the night before and in the morning, finger comb the waves. I've flat ironed her and she was so silky. I'm debating on getting front layers cut to my jawline, but I love being able to tuck her behind my ears. She's my first unit and I'm glad I'm having a great first time experience with it. I'll upload a photo later... I locked myself out of my photobucket acct.
HTH

Edited by Lrigyttiw - June 25 2008 at 11:31am
http://public.fotki.com/Lrigyttiw/my-lf-experiences/
Lrigyttiw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lrigyttiw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2008 at 11:27am
Originally posted by Tea4Two Tea4Two wrote:

Edited by Lrigyttiw - June 25 2008 at 11:28am
http://public.fotki.com/Lrigyttiw/my-lf-experiences/
Tea4Two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tea4Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2008 at 11:50am

Yeah, I love this hair, too.  I did flat iron it once and didn't like it straight (neither did my husband), so I keep her "as is."

Tell me more about this honey-brown rinse.  I am not sure what that is and I would love to try it.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic