Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hair care?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
curlywurly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curlywurly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hair care?
    Posted: June 27 2008 at 8:57am
Hi,

I was just wandering how other curly headers look after their curly hair, how they style it, just basically what they do to it?

I have just above the shoulder legnth very curly (naturally) dark brown hair.  I used to really hate my curls and tied my hair up all the time but now ive learnt to look after it and what products to use on it, now i like having my curly hair.

I was just interested how others feel with their curly hair, whether they like it or not and how they look after it or style it, just what they do to it basically!

Please let me know.....xWink

Edited by curlywurly - June 27 2008 at 8:59am
Work with what you've got and be grateful for it
asmith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2008 at 3:28pm
I like using Bumble and Bumble Curl Conscious Medium to Thick hair shampoo, conditioner and creme. They also have fine to medium hair and I find that it helps controlling my curls. Its hard to get this product.

Try out. See if it helps you.Smile

Edited by Karen Shelton - July 09 2008 at 3:40pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curlywurly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2008 at 4:36am
Thanks for the tip Smile

I've used Bumble and Bumble before and they are good but I kind of stick to a hair product once i've found one that works for me as my hair is ultra curly, i have tried loads of different products before but the only range that actually makes a difference to my hair are
Kerastase Nutritive Shampoos   In particular I am loving the Nutritive Bain Oleo-curl shampoo on the 3rd page.

I am mainly interested in how others style their curls; do you scrunch them?, do you make them all messy?...I twist individual curls around my finger and i find this defines them much more.  It does look really nice when i wear my hair like this but i was wandering how else i can style it as i always do it like this, i have a big meal coming up and wanted to make it look a bit different......?

Plus i also want to know if others actually like their curls or not?

LOL

Edited by curlywurly - July 01 2008 at 4:49am
asmith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2008 at 1:22pm
I usually scrunch them. I like the messy look. Kerastase is a great product.

The website you mentioned is in british pounds, so really expensive for Americans due to the exchange rates.

Edited by Karen Shelton - July 09 2008 at 3:41pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curlywurly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2008 at 4:48am
I like the messy look too, if i go for that though my hair seems a bit too messy ! LOL  I think when people have naturally curly hair it is hard to wear it messy as it is quite frizzy whereas people who have permed hair can get away with the messy look as its not normally that frizzy - thats what i think anyway but i could be wrong  Tongue

Yeah the website i mentioned is in british pounds, as I am in the UK i go for UK based sites, it is a good site for UK based people anyway coz it's basically all about hair with loads of different products on it. This was how i found out about Kerastase in the first place!

Thanks for replying to me Star

Edited by curlywurly - July 11 2008 at 9:17am
Blehtifuly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blehtifuly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2008 at 7:27am
Hellow =) !!

My hair doesn't have tight curls, actually most of them are big curls that are king of loose =S

But to get my hair very very curky, i put 'Garnier Fructis Style Curls & Shine Extra-Curls Mousse' on my wet clean hair, and just scrunch it on all my hair.
But after, i have hand dry it or my hair at the front side of my head will just mess up and be pouffy =(

What i mostly do, is put my wet clean hair in a tight ponytail (not pulling my hair on top of my head just tightening it on the sides) and put some straightening gel on top of my head so the frizz-pouf is reduces or else
 ---->  halloween4

I sleep like that and next morning my head is curly on the ends, and flat on the top (except those @#@!$% on the front part of my hair -___-)

Well well, thats about it ^___^

karinhiebert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karinhiebert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2008 at 2:23pm
Hi,

One of the best pieces of advice is this; for curly hair, frizzy hair, wavy hair...

The answer is "CONDITIONER" condition, condition, condition! It's Moisture it needs and loves...

I use it and recommend it, even as a styling product, etc.

NO MOUSEE, gel styling aid, nothing with any alcohol in it...

hair that has moisture will be easier to straighten, with a blower, or flat iron,

it will curl beautifully when letting it dry naturally, and it will not look frizzy...

depending on how thick, or thin, or curly it is, will determine how much conditioner you will need...

its kind of a testing area... to see what amount, or what works best for YOUR hair!

Karin Hiebert

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic