Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kiran Chetry

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kiran Chetry
    Posted: June 27 2008 at 11:27am
I think CNN morning newsbabe Kiran Chetry has found her hair niche. Just back from having a baby, Kiran's hair has never looked better. As I've said in the past, I think she uses extensions to make it look longer and thicker, but it's working for her. There's no way her hair could have grown so fast in a year, is there?

Here's what we were talking about in May 2007: http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=52570&KW=chetry

Here's how she looked after her bob that month:

By December 2007, she looked like this:

Here's what Kiran looks like today, 13 months later. She's so pretty:

%5bimage%5d%20
%5bimage%5d%20
Who has more fun than people?
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2008 at 11:42am
I would think it's mostly her own. A fast grower could certainly reach point B from point A in a year (though I await the input of the many experts who will no doubt inform me that it's impossible). I think the key is having heavy and thick hair. If this is about shoulder length, them just a couple of extra inches will make it seem voluminous.

Anyway, I agree she is currently looking great--at the moment, just about the best of the TH.

texdillo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote texdillo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2008 at 8:24am
I don't care for the center (or almost center) part. It kind of looks like they are trying to lift the hair away from her face; kind of creates a hump especially on her right side. I think I'd like it more with a side part and/or longer bangs. The way it's currently styled, I liked the bob a little better.    
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2008 at 11:12am
I like the look.I hope it is all her own hair.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2008 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by texdillo texdillo wrote:

I don't care for the center (or almost center) part. It kind of looks like they are trying to lift the hair away from her face; kind of creates a hump especially on her right side. I think I'd like it more with a side part and/or longer bangs. The way it's currently styled, I liked the bob a little better.    
Kiran had a side part today.

texdillo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote texdillo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2008 at 12:26pm
Better. I still think it would look nice with side-swept bangs.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2008 at 12:41pm
Beautiful!
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2008 at 9:18pm

Side part is more better.

HAWG
shortvslong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shortvslong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2008 at 8:15am
she's looks good
pockyisgod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pockyisgod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2008 at 1:10pm
Some people's hair really does seem to grow extraordinarily fast, and I'm guessing she's one of the lucky ones who falls into that category. Keira Knightley is another, so is Natalie Portman, and my gal Kou Shibasaki. Hey...with the exception of Ms. portman, what is about women with a first name begins with K and their hair grows quickly? Someone should conduct a scientific study on that one lol XD
*~!wa-ah-ow!~*
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2008 at 9:10am
I like the new part.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2008 at 9:21pm
A little shorter today?

HAWG
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2008 at 9:33pm
It's in an odd zone these days. Certainly better than the old helmet bob days, but still has that frozen solid aspect to it. Instead of changing parts to left, right, and center, I'd vote for some bangs or something to break it up and/or soften it a bit.
Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2011 at 6:05am
My fondness for Kiran Chetry has been well documented in this space, but I've found few newsbabes who improve the visual health of their hair with the use of extensions. This time, Kiran's hair has thickened greatly. The "after" photo below is from yesterday. I love the sexy messy look. She looks even better today.

A few days ago:

Yesterday:

texdillo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote texdillo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2011 at 11:13am
First pic looks great. Second pic looks like she just got off a motorcycle or something... and back to a center part. Give it some bangs please.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2011 at 6:07pm
Seems to have ditched the wings.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2011 at 5:02am
Yesterday, wearing black:

Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2013 at 11:23pm
I haven't seen Kiran Chetry on network news in almost a couple years. Suddenly, current photos of her have shown up on Gogomags.com in the MSNBC section. She's reporting for the show "Rock Center." I assume she was interviewing someone in the photos -- but I am sure the once-mighty has fallen. What has happened to Kiran's hair??? Heck, she's in the Hall of Fame on www.super-hair.net.

fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2013 at 1:07am
Seems a bit messy.
jug jug to dirty ears
orangenoise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangenoise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2013 at 6:18am
Messy, but she is really nice looking.  Wow - would she look great with a chin length bob
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic