Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Microchet Method Website

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mokipono View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mokipono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Microchet Method Website
    Posted: June 28 2008 at 7:28am
TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2008 at 7:37pm
i actually had the guy who invented this come to my salon to show me how to do it- i bought the hair, the tools etc. what it is is a i tip strand of hair with a tiny little loop on the end, you pull hair thru the tiny loop and knot it with own hair. when it grows out, you cut the tiny loop off, and then use a microcylinder to re install the hair-
wasnt impressed with the method after i bought it all. was very difficult to work with tiny loop- as you can see in the photo work, the sections of hair are not even and clean. looks like hair is being pulled.
i ended up selling the system.
Bringing beauty, one head at a time...
mokipono View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mokipono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2008 at 12:22am
Thanks Tangles, I couldn't figure out how to reloop the hair once the loop was cut out. I mean if it's only good for one install with this method then it's way too expensive, why not just use microcylinders to begin with, if that's what it turns into after only one install.. 
 Do you think they were counting on stylists to purchase new hair with loops for every install??
I thought the loop was tied onto the clients hair with a string. I didn't realize you had to use their own hair to make a knot. After 8 weeks doesn't that knot become a matted mess?
TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2008 at 8:55pm
thats exactly why i didnt want to use it, plus- its the thing, above the bond of real thick glue, is a small loop- so under the loop, hanging there is the glue bond, doesnt seem to make sense to me either, plus looks to heavy for hair to support-

and yes, why not just start with the cylinder if u will need it anyway.  not sure if i could see the string to cut either without cutting off hair

Bringing beauty, one head at a time...
mokipono View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mokipono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2008 at 12:11am
Tangles, you won't believe who emailed me today! Charles Oh..........
I'm so glad you posted the infor on the forum about his technique! Thank you! I was kind of considering trying his method.............
I love this forum, you saved me a bunch of money.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic