Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

yuko thermal reconditioning system

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
2good2betrue View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2good2betrue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: yuko thermal reconditioning system
    Posted: December 12 2002 at 10:50am
I seen a sign in Sallys beauty supply saying they now have the Yuko system but it was only for professionals. I guess this couldn`t be done at home anyway like a regular straightner could, since it takes so long with a bunch of different steps. Since it`s being sold at Sallys here that means some salons in my area will probably start having that service. I`m hoping the price goes down on this service since its becoming so popular small towns like the one I live in can start doing it. Does this system damage your hair at all? From what I read it gets your pin straight, straighter then a relaxer could, and it lasts for a year. Does anyone know the pros and cons of having this done on wasit length hair or longer hair?
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2002 at 7:47am
While there are considerable benefits to thermal reconditioning, the fact remains: putting a flat iron heated to 365 degrees IS going to damage your hair. Yuko system manufacturers typically aren`t disclosing their ingredient lists, so it`s hard to say for sure what chemicals their product contains, but it`s safe to say anything that alters your hair`s structure will cause some damage. Your hair`s texture is held together by hydrogen and the stronger disulfide bonds, and when you permanently break those bonds, you will have to contend with some damage. How much depends on your hair`s natural texture and stength. I hope this helps!
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
Budokan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Budokan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2002 at 12:21pm
Merlin posted these sites earlier that discuss the procedure:

http://www.thermalreconditioning.com/

http://www.naturallycurly.com/thermal.html

Very informative.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic