Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

17 year old Can't Use Make-Up

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Halinka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halinka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 17 year old Can't Use Make-Up
    Posted: June 28 2008 at 7:49pm
Hello everyone, I am 17 years old and I still have no idear how to apply make-up, what kind to buy. I don't even know what season I am!  For the past year I been using sample make-up from the 90's. Any tips will be much apprectiacted!
leighann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leighann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2008 at 5:03pm
Hi Halinka, can you give us an idea of how you look? whats your skin color( fare, medium, dark) hair color, eye color etc and what kind of make up are you wanting to apply?
Chi_Chi04 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chi_Chi04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2009 at 5:42pm
im 17 also i started beauty school and they give u lots of good tips on how to apply makeup and which one is best.. it all depends on ut skin tone,eye color and hair... if u can give me those detail i will be glad to help you :) PM IF ANYTHINGG
Chi_Chi<3
leah29 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leah29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2009 at 7:49pm
You may also want to take a look at youtube. Learn more about makeup.
offred View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote offred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2009 at 8:55am
When you are 17 just some powder is more than enough. This is your prime. No matter what tutorials say, you're gonna discover the way to apply them by yourself. If you have acne problems or blemishes, do not use concealers but use skin care products. Use a cleaner, toner and a mousturizer no matter how oily your skin looks. Then if you are still not content with the way you look, you can apply some pressed powder. Then some nude eye shadow just to even out color and some mascara. And don't use dark colors on your lips. They'll make you look old. Go for natural shades.
boconnor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boconnor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2012 at 2:20pm
Mascara is always a great basic option when starting out. Just don't put too much on or your eyelashes will clump together.
Ericachristina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ericachristina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2012 at 1:13am

Hi,

Well if you have no idea what to do or what to wear I would suggest you decide what types of makeup you would like to purchase. You can go online and check out some youtube videos on eye shadow, foundation, powder, blush ect and see if you think you would like to get any of these things to complete whatever look you are interested in obtaining.

Usually when I wear makeup I start with an eye primer and face primer, then I apply my eye shadow, eyeliner and mascara. Next I apply my concealer and then my foundation, powder, blush, highlight and then lipstick and or gloss. Those are the basics that I use when going out. Sometimes when I want something a bit lighter I use the mac powder in my foundation color. It is really up to you.

After you decide what things you want to try to start with go into your local Sephora or Mac. Start there for things like foundations and primers because you may need someone to find a good match in accordance with your skin tone, they will try out a few different shades on you to see which one matches the best. After you have some idea what your color is you can experiment with different brands if you want to. You can also look around there for other products if you like; you can swatch eye shadows and even lipsticks and blush to see what they look like against your skin, sometimes drug store products don’t have a sample or tester. If you want to save some money you can begin with practicing with cheaper products from the drugstore instead of Mac or Sephora, things like shadow, eyeliner, mascara, lipstick, blush ect.  You will also need some brushes and for a beginner you do not have to start out with the expensive brushes, you can get decent quality brushes from the drug store, and the brushes you need to purchase will also correspond to what makeup products you decide to get.

It all depends on what you want and what you think you need and the styles you want to try.

Good Luck

ShelbyH111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShelbyH111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2012 at 8:05am
The only rule you should remember is that you should use good cosmetics. Otherwise you can give rise to pimples. Don't overload your face with bright lipstick and lots of maskara. Believe me, you are sure to use it all all your life long, so enjoy the moment of your fresh look now!

Share Topic