Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - An Inverted Bob with Wavy Hair - can it be done??
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

An Inverted Bob with Wavy Hair - can it be done??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lulubelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lulubelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: An Inverted Bob with Wavy Hair - can it be done??
    Posted: July 01 2008 at 2:37pm
Well, my question really is, would it look good? I have wavy hair that's just below my shoulders. It's pretty thick and I usually wash, put in product and go (never blowdry). I used to have it reallly long, and about 6 months ago, I cut it and donated it to Locks for Love. I kinda miss my long hair but I feel it's at such an awkward length right now. About 5 years ago, I cut it really short, like Mandy Moore short and it was nice but I grew it out for my wedding. I love the look of the inverted bob but I have a 1-year old so no extra time in the morning to blow dry/flat iron. Does anyone have any pictures of a cute, wavy, inverted bob? And do you think I can pull it off? Thanks in advance!

loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2008 at 5:12pm
Well, it can be done but in my opinion it never looks that great unless you are willing to spend the time on it (which it doesn't sound like you can)
The wavy hair ends up "puffing" up too much with the inverted bob.
Would like to see a pic of you in the Mandy Moore style.

Edited by loveshorthair - July 01 2008 at 5:14pm
mikecuts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikecuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2008 at 6:14pm
Are you looking to keep it wavy, or work with it? I would not recomend taking the back too short if you do not enjoy your hair looking "tousled". If you like the messy look do it, if you are looking for a polished look daily DO Not. I would cut your hair length to you collar keeping the length in the back pretty close to same in the front. (Bob). There had been a few that I cut over the summer time that they tend to spend lots and lots of time getting the look they want though they are happy with the cut. Last week I cut one ladies hair that had a bob for the longest time now sports a chin length bob with a little taper in the back.

Just keep this in mind If you do cut it get ready and keep enough length so you could pull it back on those days were time is little
Mike
lulubelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lulubelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2008 at 6:19pm

Wow, thanks for the quick responses! Well, I don't seem to have any pictures of me with the Mandy Moore haircut - at least, not on my computer. I'll see if I can dig up a print and scan it. I had a feeling the poof would be a problem if it was too short in the back. My hair tends to be poofy, especially now that it's summer and humid where I am! I just want something I can wash and go (I know, probably impossible) - I used to spend an hour on my hair, straightening it, etc. But no time for that now. My goal is to look put together, more my age (I'm 31 but people still think I'm 18), professional, but still fun and sassy - all-the-while, keeping it wavy. Sigh... not sure what to do!

Laura

Edited by lulubelle - July 01 2008 at 6:21pm
lulubelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lulubelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2008 at 6:20pm

Wow, thanks for the quick responses! Well, I don't seem to have any pictures of me with the Mandy Moore haircut - at least, not on my computer. I'll see if I can dig up a print and scan it. I had a feeling the poof would be a problem if it was too short in the back. My hair tends to be poofy, especially now that it's summer and humid where I am! I just want something I can wash and go (I know, probably impossible) - I used to spend an hour on my hair, straightening it, etc. But no time for that now. My goal is to look put together, more my age (I'm 31 but people still think I'm 18), professional, but still fun and sassy, all-the-while, keeping it wavy. Sigh... not sure what to do!

Laura
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic