Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CHI chemical straightening

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mauigirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mauigirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CHI chemical straightening
    Posted: July 07 2008 at 8:27pm
I have had the CHI straightening done in the past and it came out beautifully straight -- I didn't have to style or anything...After showering and/or straight out of bed, my hair was always very straight!  That was over two years ago.  Unfortunately, I just had the CHI chemical straightening done last week and it came out frizzy and curly (more so than before I went in).  I couldn't figure out what went wrong.  I did know that it felt different and it looked frizzy already when I left the salon.  Needless to say, they redid the whole process 5 days later.  So, here I am the day after...it is a little straighter, but when I woke up, it was frizzy and curly on the ends...what's going on?  I followed instructions to a T and have not styled and/or wet my hair.  I think this time I will be calling back for a refund.  Is it safe to keep doing the process over and over?  What should I do with my hair in the meantime? 

HELP needed in Paradise!
crystalsi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crystalsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2008 at 7:51pm
I think it is safe to keep doing the process over and over again if you wait for at least 3 to 4 months before doing it again.  Doing it too often within 3 months will cause damage to your hair for sure.  I just had my hair straightening done last month as well and the result came out to be just like yours.  It looks frizzy and flipping out on the ends.  I think the probelm comes from the skill of the hairstylist but they will not likely yo refund money to you because some part of your hair are straight so they will just blame on your hair.  I am frustrated with my hair result too and couldn't each and sleep well for more than a month already.  I even have to take some medicines.
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2008 at 6:25am
Sounds like your hair was damaged. No, it is not safe to keep doing the process over and over again. It will only make matters worst. Once hair is damaged, it can not be repaired. You can buffer the damage with  protein treatments and deep conditioning, so you can at least make your hair look good, until you cut off the damage. Which can take a really long time, depending on your hair length. And of course that also depends on the degree of the damage.

If the process was to be repeated, it can only be done on the new growth, NEVER on the hair that has already been processed. So you would need to wait about 4 months for new growth to come in. In the mean time you need REALLY good protein treatments. Not the cheap ones. They are in fact different. Protein treatments have to have the right molecular weight in order to actually penetrait the hair. Cheap ones don't have it.

Good ones are:Nexxus Emergencee (it is great for chemical damage) Redken Extreme, and Joico. You should do it one a week for the first 4 weeks, and then once a month after that. If you over do it, it will have the opposite effect. Hair with too much protein will become hard and break off. You must also deep condition after protein treatments, or your hair will feel like straw. Protein is not meant to make hair soft, conditioners are.

You should also attack it from the inside. Get yourself the biggest bottle of Omega 3,6,9 you can get. Also biotin and MSM. It will take 4-6 weeks before you see a difference, but trust me, it will be worth it. You can get those products really cheap if you go to Puritansale.com. Their products are of great quality and you can't beat the price.

So I hope this helps. Blessings and beautiful hair to you.

Edited by Sharyg11 - December 02 2008 at 6:26am
crystalsi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crystalsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2008 at 8:06pm
Thanks Sharyg11!!
Your information really help me but for some reason I still have this worry and scary feeling from my heart.  I am hoping that this nightmare will be over soon.  I am planning to get another TR in 1.5 month hoping to repair my hair condition.  It might further damage my hair but it is already damaged so I am hoping for a better look soon and cannot wait for too long :(  I will be extremely cautious about TR now since I've had bad experience before.  I felt better when I know that many people are suffering from this same issue.  I thought I am the only one and I thought that I am going to die soon due to bad chemical on my hair :(  Anyway ... Thanks ALOT for your respond!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic