Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cutting Into The Hairline...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ahminah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ahminah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cutting Into The Hairline...
    Posted: July 10 2008 at 9:38pm

Hello Ladies,

I have a new unit that needs some tweaking. It is a stock unit, and I am having some issues with the hairline. My problem is not so much the density, but the outline of the hairline. Have any of you ever cut into the hairline to tailor the unit to your natural hairline? I really do not want to mess this unit up, so I thought that I would ask first before I take some scissors to her.

The grass is never greener on the other side, there is just more manure underneath.
Qast2008 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qast2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2008 at 4:00pm
You know I just got one last week from Holly, and I have yet to put it on.  I was not too happy with the hairline so i have taken twizzers to her.  I just go along the hairline near the temple and just pluck one knot at a time.  it takes about twenty mintues just to do one spot.  I did it on a wig head because I have a unit on already.  Tonight I will do the forehead.  That will take more time maybe an hour or two.  Scissors I bring into the picture after i have plucked because sometimes you cant see what or how far you are cutting.

HTH
God has already FIXED your situation, you just have to believe it
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2008 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by Ahminah Ahminah wrote:

Hello Ladies,

I have a new unit that needs some tweaking. It is a stock unit, and I am having some issues with the hairline. My problem is not so much the density, but the outline of the hairline. Have any of you ever cut into the hairline to tailor the unit to your natural hairline? I really do not want to mess this unit up, so I thought that I would ask first before I take some scissors to her.

look in the newbie thread breh has a tip on how to create a new hairline..
Ahminah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ahminah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2008 at 11:49am
Thanks Ladies. I had read about the tweezing method before. I just wanted a quick fix to this hairline issue. I am going to try tweezing. Thank GOD I can always wear my other one while I am playing doctor on this one.
The grass is never greener on the other side, there is just more manure underneath.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic