Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

what's this cut called?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
xxxzvp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xxxzvp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: what's this cut called?
    Posted: July 12 2008 at 2:16pm
 Back in the ninetys I remember seeing a haircut that had a very strong weight line anywhere from two inches up the nape to in some cases over the ears. The line was ruler straight, and the hair was either buzzed quite close or even shaved  below the line. The top usually had a couple of inches in length, it sort of looked like a wedge, but what was this style called? I always called it a line cut. My wife has seriously been thinking about getting the line a little below the tops of the ears, and leaving the top longer. If anybody has any pics of this cut please point me in their direction, her stylist wants photos before cutting. 
tooolgrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tooolgrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2008 at 5:07pm
I remember that haircut, I used to give it to my daughter, ha, I do not know the name, I do know what you are talking about though, and if anyone knows its the people on this forum, good luck.

Sandra
mikecuts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikecuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2008 at 10:32am
That would be a mushroom.
mike
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2008 at 10:44pm
Here are some pics

I really prefer a tapered look vice the heavy weightline

HAWG
shortvslong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shortvslong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2008 at 11:37am
God Hawg I love everyone of those pic's!
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2008 at 11:44am
I do too.  Thanks
HAWG
mikecuts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikecuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2008 at 8:51pm

Now that is a short taperd wedge. Sorry from the first explanation Ithought differant. I do see alot of them but do not cut many. Only one or two ask for that cut thru the year. how about this cut?

Mike

Edited by mikecuts - July 15 2008 at 8:59pm
xxxzvp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xxxzvp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2008 at 4:06pm
Thanks for the pics Mike and Hawg, but none of them are quite like the cut I am talking about, Hawgs pic #4,7,and8 come the closest, but not quite. The weight line created a very abrupt change in length, and it was always cut very straight. It was almost like a bowl cut, except the weight line was lower.I have looked all over the web and have not found a pic of it, just references to it, some call it a bi-level cut or a mushroom cut. Great pics Mike, my wife has a cut almost identical to this. 
mikecuts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikecuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2008 at 5:33pm
That cut was done almost five months ago she now is blonde with brown lowlights. The length is much short on top also. Good luck in your quest
Mike
bnbivi00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bnbivi00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2008 at 12:45pm
Is this what you are looking for?
Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2008 at 2:43pm
Great pictures bnbivi00
HAWG
xxxzvp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xxxzvp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2008 at 1:10pm
The first two pictures of the bowlcuts come the closest, but the weightline was below the top of the ear. I know this cut was popular around here back in the early nineties, but I'll be damned if I can find a picture.
bnbivi00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bnbivi00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2008 at 2:04pm
Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained
xxxzvp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xxxzvp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2008 at 3:30pm
I've finally found what I'm looking for. Check out http://annettebrown.fototopic.net/

xxxzvp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xxxzvp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2008 at 5:40am
Well, my wife finally got the  strong weight line haircut this past Saturday, and hates it.  The line is from almost the tops of her ears, straight across. The nape was clippered with a #2 guard, and boxed off at the bottom. I guess she thinks its too radical, but I don't think I have ever seen such a cute style on a pretty lady before. Never the less, today she wants to go and have the weight line blended in. This is going to require a very short tapered nape as the hair below the line is 1/4" long, and above it is 1". Does anyone have suggestions on a style? I have tried to talk her into keeping it but I think her mind is made up. If I could figure out how to post pictures on this site I would show you what her cut looks like.
nuhrul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuhrul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2008 at 8:38am
Emo Hair

Emo has been associated with emotional, shy, & introvert. Emo has deep emotion described by music, fashion, & style. One of several signs of emo is the applying of emo hairstyle. It usually comes with straight hair, long bangs brushed to one side (often covering one eye/face), asymmetrical lines, dyed black and highlighted with bright colors, & sometimes spikes up the back side. You can clickhttp://shorthairstyles1.blogspot.com for amazing picture

xxxzvp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xxxzvp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2009 at 9:32am
I was going through some photos and found a pic of the weight line cut my wife got last summer. Although she hated it at the time she has been giving indications she may be willing to try it again. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shortvslong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2009 at 9:39am
I like that! I never see great cuts like that!
xxxzvp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xxxzvp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2009 at 12:33pm
Here is another pic with a different view. That night we were going out to dinner and she wore a shirt and tie with a vest, she said something like "I might as well dress like a boy since I have a boy's cut." At the time she really didn't like the cut, but now less than a year later she is seriously considering it again. Go figure!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shortvslong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2009 at 6:43am

a "boy cut" on a women is anything but, boyish when done right

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic