Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Advice needed....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
laurieG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laurieG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Advice needed....
    Posted: September 15 2009 at 1:34pm
mineral products would be a good choice like lifelovebeauty said. I would also bring a tinted moisturizer for those days when you dont have time to get dolled up but still want to look nice (not to mention protect your skin)
lifelovebeauty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lifelovebeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2009 at 9:43pm
I have a cool mineral foundation product by Rimmel that goes on so easily with a cotton sponge type built-in applicator. There are mixed reviews on the product, but I think if you know how to use it, it works really well. This foundation really brightens up my face and I would recommend it despite some people not liking it.

Good luck!
~
Life Love Beauty
katrina_kk41 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katrina_kk41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2009 at 5:52am
 Hi!
 The Indian weather is very hot in summers; so you would need to use a paste of fresh milk cream and turmeric powder on your face, 15 mins before you go to the beach. After 15 mins you can wipe it off (not rub) then wash with mild soap. You wont need much make up then.
scott659 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott659 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2008 at 11:32am

I know this country has some Hard Water hair issues. You might want to purchase the following:
Hard Water Hair Products  from Malibu Wellness

Scott Wiseman
Hair Care Solutions
aniel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2008 at 9:58am
A number of herbs can be effective as a natural acne treatment. Try aloe vera, sage, sarsaparilla, yellow dock, burdock, basic, sandalwood or tea tree oil. Herbs are seeped in water and the resulting mixture is applied directly to the affected areas. Neem is also effective in treating a variety of skin disorders. You can buy Neem in leaf powder form. Turmeric is also good for treating acne. You can take it internally or make it into a paste and apply it to your skin. Green tea is also known to be good for people with acne

Edited by aniel - July 22 2010 at 6:35am
leighann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leighann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2008 at 12:39am
Hi Jmay, since we have similar features im just gonna suggest what i use when i go on  vacation. Usually I wear a foundation with sp15 so my face doesn't burn. um I also like to bring a bronzer with me and i usually dont worry about mascara  while im at the beach ,going more natural is better when your out in the sun and lip gloss is the most important to have it gives a nice polished look especially when your laying out. good ones to wear that are in style right now are light pinks or glossy nudes. for dinner i would go with a darker color on your lips like a cranberry since you can pull it off well being a brunette. hope this helps!
jmay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2008 at 10:00am
Hi!!!

This site is great, loads of great ideas which I am gonna have to try out!!

I need some advice though on some make up......

I am going travelling to India, Sri Lanka and Nepal in a matter of weeks and I need some advice on what make up I should take!

I catch the sun quite quickly but currently look pale and pasty!  I have blue eyes and brown hair and want to look gorgeous on the beach and on the evening!

I dont want a face full of make up but want something that will look great, fashionable and like I have made minimum effort to look great.

Any help/suggestions gratefully received!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic