Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How do I get my hair like this? (Pics and all)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Triple H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do I get my hair like this? (Pics and all)
    Posted: April 12 2009 at 1:56pm
Well, I'm back. Haven't cut my hair in like well over a year. It's still really  curly and poofy, and veryyyy long, but I got it straightened for a day a few weeks ago. It was CRAZY long (went about down to my shoulders or so). and perfectly straight (with sorta a wave), it was pretty awesome. I've been deciding whether I want to get it chemically straightened or not, but I'm not sure if it will stay the same texture/way and come out like Triple H's hair =/. How bad is chemically straightening your hair for your hair? In comparison to heat/flat iron straightening? Could anyone be able to tell if Triple H's hair is naturally straight or curly or what? Since in a high school picture it looks a lot like mine, extremely curly/thick.

Edited by Triple H - April 12 2009 at 1:58pm
Triple H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2008 at 5:13am
Nope, didn't do anything for me, nothing does =/. I wake up, my hair is REALLY poofy, as well curly, put water in it, gets straight/less poofy for awhile, then a lot more curly and still says less poofy. So the poofiness/curliness alternate, lol. Sucks.
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2008 at 7:51am
Nope.  I'm not into software! 

Did you like the effect of the oil, even if you used a ton?

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
Triple H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2008 at 1:33am
Cool, thanks, yeah I used a ton, lol. Just wondering, but do you have any messenger programs like MSN/AIM?
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2008 at 8:56am
Yeah, you'd have to oil first if using those other products.  It doesn't really work like gel, etc.  You just use a little and its enough to defrizz your hair.  You only use like a drop or two.  Too much will make it look oily (unless you like it to look oily, in that case go for it). 

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
Triple H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2008 at 8:14pm
Ok, I got the oil. Wondering, does it work like a gel/hairspray/mousse? And if not, should I apply those after I use, because that is what I did.
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2008 at 11:47am
Sure you could, but once you try it you'll see why doing it in your hand is inefficient.  You use a lot more liquid to get suds, so you'd have to mix it repeatedly in your hand to get enough suds on your head to clean your hair.

Some people take vitamins for making hair grow, but I've tried them and they had no effect on my growth rate.  Perhaps if you were lacking in some nutrient, they'd help, but otherwise, probably won't do much.  You have to be careful with vitamins, too much isn't good for you.  Nothing else is going to make your hair grow faster, just time.

Edited by Susan W - September 03 2008 at 11:47am
Triple H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2008 at 5:06pm

Hm.. couldn't you just do it in your hand?

Also, I bought a new more moisturizing for dry hair shampoo + conditioner, so dunno how this will work.

Haha ok thanks for everything, and I heard it's extremely healthy for your hair and good for making it flatter, meh.

Is there any way to enhance hair growth, such as a hair grower or anything of the sort in existance?
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2008 at 8:33am
I talked about straightening in the 6th post I made in this thread.

"roll don't shake" means when you mix the water and shampoo together in a small bottle, roll the bottle to mix it, until it looks mixed.  You will be able to tell. 

Never tried the wen stuff.

Jojoba can be bought at organic grocery stores, or online.  You can try using other oils, such as olive or coconut oil from the grocery store just to see if you like it. (Then if you don't, you didn't waste your money as you can always eat this oil).

I never tried straightening cream, I don't know how it behaves.

Satin pillowcases will keep your hair from getting as messed up at night, as hair slides over satin very easily.  (Silk won't really help, hair doesn't slide over silk, it sticks to it the same way it sticks to a cotton pillowcase).

"Lastly, what does cocoa milk do for you?"

cocoa milk?  Well....I make a curry out of coconut milk and it tastes very good on vegetables!
Triple H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2008 at 5:01am
..?
Triple H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2008 at 6:53am
Does "roll to mix, don't shake" mean when you have it in your hand roll it around with the water or something? And if so, for how long?

Also, what do you think of that "wen" stuff, lol? Any good?

EDIT: OK, I just bought this Loreal straightening cream, do you think it will work well? Tried it a little, will it bring down like the poofiness as well? I couldn't find the oils, such as the jojoba oil, any idea where those are? And what would they do different from this, like will the cream be better?

I also hear silk pillow sheets help in your hair not looking as bad in the morning.

And that there are even more special creams for poofy/curly hair, as shown at this link. http://www.askmen.com/fashion/fashiontip_150/196b_fashion_advice.html

What were your thoughts on just getting your hair straightened?

Lastly, what does cocoa milk do for you?

Edited by Triple H - August 25 2008 at 2:27am
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2008 at 8:51am
Get a small bottle and only make up what you'll need at once (you don't want it sitting around too long diluted).  You can use half and half water to shampoo (roll to mix, don't shake) to start, but after you get used to it, you may find you can use even more water to shampoo and still get suds. I use 3/4 water to 1/4 shampoo most often.

Edit:  If you have any problems, you may find it works better diluting regular shampoo, without conditioner.  I can't say, I've never diluted shampoo + conditioner.

Edited by Susan W - August 19 2008 at 8:52am
Triple H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2008 at 2:44am
Oh, I almost forgot to ask. How much water should I put in the shampoo (it's actually shampoo + conditioner in one) to dilute it?
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2008 at 9:17am
fattitude:  Yes, that's about all you can do, just grow it and wait it out.  You can try doing different things with gel to see if you find styles you like in the inbetween stages.  
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2008 at 9:15am
A tip for doing conditioner only washes:  You need to rinse the conditioner out REALLY well, or your head may itch and look oily.  If you have hard water rinsing it out that well can be a little hard to do, if you have good soft water, it shouldn't be so bad.

If you have hard water, get a big spoon of vinegar and put it in 1 cup of water, then after you rinsed out your conditioner, pour it over your head, making sure it covers every part of your scalp.  It will aid in rinsing out the conditioner.  (It also rinses out hard water buildup and leaves your hair shinier and softer).

Edited to add:  do the vinegar last, don't rinse it out, the vinegar smell evaporates as your hair dries.

Edited by Susan W - August 18 2008 at 9:15am
Triple H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2008 at 3:17am

Ok, I'll try the conditioner, thanks for explaining it all in detail you're awesome =). My hair right now goes below my eyebrows when it's wet and can fall flat down (although still a little curly). It's also curling A LOT in the back and overgrown.

Edited by Triple H - August 16 2008 at 3:18am
wwfattitude1998 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wwfattitude1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2008 at 10:43pm
Also, to grow it out like that do I just let it grow and that's it? (Bar the sides and bottom)
wwfattitude1998 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wwfattitude1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2008 at 10:18pm
I've decided to grow it like HBK instead. Here are some examples:

I think it would look a lot better on me. And since I don't have to grow it on parts of the sides or the bottom half of the back, what would be some good hairstyles growing it out? My hair right now is fairly short. My sides and back are pretty much trimmed and my bangs aren't even at my eyebrows yet.

Edited by wwfattitude1998 - August 14 2008 at 10:21pm
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2008 at 8:20am
Using shampoo, especially straight (not diluted) dries the hair out a lot.  It removes all of your natural oils and any moisture in your hair (which is why you replace the moisture with conditioner).  Conditioner isn't as good as your natural oil though.  That's why you can still have poofy hair if you shampoo and condition that you may not have if you used only conditioner to wash it. Your scalp's natural oil will weigh your hair down a bit, keeping it from poofing out.  Your hair's natural oil will get cleaned (won't smell) if you wash your hair with conditioner, it just won't get stripped away like with shampoo.

If washing with only conditioner does not work for you, I'd suggest at least trying diluting your shampoo with water (in a small bottle, roll to mix, don't shake).  Shampoo is usually over concentrated and overdries hair and scalp.  Often diluting is enough to get rid of dandruff because when diluted, shampoo still makes suds, but it doesn't over dry your scalp, which causes flakes.  If that doesn't work, there may be another problem, such as fungus, but in many cases this is all people need for dandruff.

Triple H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2008 at 6:22am

Also, I meant like in depth, how does retaining from using shampoo help it become flatter? What does shampoo have in it that induces this process when refraining from use.

Edited by Triple H - August 13 2008 at 6:05pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic