Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Here

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LoriTG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LoriTG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Here
    Posted: July 28 2008 at 3:23am
I had posted an introduction the other night but I don't see it here. So I am posting a new one.

My name is Lori and I am a male to female transgendered person. I love different hair styles. My hair is naturally curly and it's hard for me to do much with it. If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear from you.

Here's a pic of me...

Lori
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2008 at 7:41am
Welcome Lori!  Sometimes I envy naturally curly hair, it looks so cool and I can't imitate it!  (Curlers just curl the ends, perms just go frizzy and fall out etc.).  What do you want your hair to do that's different from what its doing now?
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
LoriTG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LoriTG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2008 at 2:18pm
Hi Susan!

I'm just tired of the same old style. I just want something different. I'd like some suggestions.
Lori
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2008 at 8:21am
Well, since yours is long, there are tons of styles you can do with it, updos, half-updos, etc. 
If you're interested in learning to braid (if you don't know how already) here is a link with some instructions:
http://www.dreamweaverbraiding.com/Braiding_Tips.htm

If you're not interested in those styles, here is another page, some of these updos don't involve braiding:
http://www.dressytresses.com/hair/gallery/default.asp

If you wanted to head toward dye and cuts, those are also an option.  If you went for a cut, that would definitely rule out most of the styles on those pages, as shorter hair or layers wouldn't stay in. 

I think if you got layers your hair would appear much curlier (I think it would look nice, but it will be poofier - depends if you like that or not).  A know a few curly haired people who get layering just at the ends (like the last 5 inches or so) to give it a taper and make the ends spiral, this always looks really good.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
Jammer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2008 at 12:55pm
welcome to the forums. :)
L'amour, tojours l'amour...
LoriTG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LoriTG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2008 at 11:22pm
Thank-you Jammer!
Lori
nikkibellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkibellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2008 at 1:50am
Embarrassed  Hello Everybody,

I'm Nichol.  I am new to the hair industry.  I am learning a lot very fast. I am located in Nashville, TN.  I am in the process of trying to find virgin Brazilian wefted hair.  I am also interested in naturally blonde hair.  I know there are a lot of scams out there.  How can I tell if I am truly receiving the quality products I am searching for?Shocked   

How do I test my product when I receive it? I want to provide top the line quality hair for my clients.  Is it true that Brazilian and Russian hair is very scarce? Shocked

Thanks and Blessings
  Nichol  Big%20smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic