Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bikini Line

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rlynnd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rlynnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bikini Line
    Posted: August 16 2008 at 5:13pm
Hey ya'll,
I just wanted to know what you do to clean up your bikini area and not get red bumps. I have tried shaving, waxing, and the hair remover creams and yet I still end up with the bumps. I have not been to any professional salons for a waxing, just at home. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
lilly213 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilly213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2008 at 1:02pm
I use hair conditioner instead of shaving gel, it's cheap and does the job brillantly. It also softens the area and in time will help the skin to become less affected when you have shaved. But try not to shave daily, try to keep it down to two times a week. And apply a cream rich in moisture after you have shaved. I find Dove is the best for that.

Have you thought of joining the house of pain and having a wax? The pain really is not all that bad and you do not have to do it so often.

I also say lets make the ,men go through this pain in the butt beauty rountine too!!!!!

Edited by lilly213 - August 26 2008 at 10:11am
Zachary View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zachary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2008 at 4:06am
Hi there,

I use cal tan total submersion while I shave and follow up with Total Immersion moisturizer. I used to get bumps really bad bikini line and legs. Haven't had the problem since.
Christian_Lucas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christian_Lucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2008 at 4:40am
Hi,
I always do it myself. It's certainly not what you'd call pain free but I think it hurts less than waxing my legs around the ankle area!!

Just make sure you pull the skin tight and that the wax strips are not too warm when you start - if the wax gets gloopy it can stick to the skin too much.
Good luck!
lilly213 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilly213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2008 at 8:14am
I use hair conditioner instead of shaving gel, it's cheap and does the job brillantly. It also softens the area and in time will help the skin to become less affected when you have shaved. But try not to shave daily, try to keep it down to two times a week. And apply a cream rich in moisture after you have shaved. I find Dove is the best for that.

Have you thought of joining the house of pain and having a wax? The pain really is not all that bad and you do not have to do it so often.

I also say lets make the ,men go through this pain in the butt beauty rountine too!!!!!

Ovarian Cysts No More

Edited by lilly213 - September 15 2008 at 8:15am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic