Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What kind of braids are these called?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Shanise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shanise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What kind of braids are these called?
    Posted: August 31 2008 at 3:27am
I saw some lady with her hair braided and it looked really cute. It looked Micro Braids, but it was with her real hair. She said she made the hair dresser twist it at the beginning of the braid, like make a lil knot, so it can stay longer. What are those called?

PS-She said it's NOT called Micro Braids, the hair dresser had called them something else, but she couldn't remember at the time
carameldiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2008 at 8:37pm
Invisible braids- maybe tree braids
Me and you, your cousin and your momma too rollin on da strip on bow's
Gldspoon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gldspoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2008 at 3:43pm
Hi Shanise ....those sound like regular hair twists to me. I've never seen anyone make a knot in it with real hair though. That must have taken them hours to do.
sade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2009 at 6:20am
Isn't that 'knotting'
Purdy Bear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purdy Bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2010 at 11:31am
Could be a rope braid!   You twist two sections in one direction and then join them by twisting them both together in the other.   A normal twist will make a bun/curl if twisted enoug.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic